Corsair Vengeance or Dominator RAM?

Hey there guys. I am getting a new computer and i recently noticed that the RAM i wanted to get (Corsair Dominator) , had 1.65volts and that most other memory has 1.5volts. Will this be an issue with an Intel Ivy Bridge motherboard (ASUS P8Z77 V-LX)? am i better off getting the Corsair Vengeance instead?

It won't be an issue, although you should ask yourself "Do i really need dominator ram?"

No voltage will not be issue.

Corsair dominator for overclocking And ultra performance.

Corsair vengence for basic overclocking and high performance.

If you are gaming use atleast ram rated at 1600Mhz.

RAM doesn't affect performance to be honest, not in a gaming machine anyway.  The only reason to go for Dominator Platinums is for aesthetic reasons on high-budget builds.  If just a normal rig I'd go with 2x4GB G.Skill Snipers over Vengeance because they're not only cheaper but don't block the mounting of like every popular heatsink.

Thanks heaps guys! This forum is very efficient !

RAM doesn't affect performance to be honest, not in a gaming machine anyway.  The only reason to go for Dominator Platinums is for aesthetic reasons on high-budget builds.  If just a normal rig I'd go with 2x4GB G.Skill Snipers over Vengeance because they're not only cheaper but don't block the mounting of like every popular heatsink.

Yes, but Corsair also has their own Vengeance low-profile RAM. Same stick, no ridiculous heatspreader.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Actually you are only supposed to use 1.5V ram. Otherwise the memory controller integrated into the cpu will degrade and might eventually fail

There is enough 1.5V out there that this should not be a problem though

Intel doesn't officially recommend more than +/- 5% within 1.5V RAM because (apparently) it can damage the memory controller.... however there was a time when all DDR3 was 1.65V and back then it was just fine so O.o  There are plenty of people running 1.65V RAM just fine out there, from what I gather it's not a problem in the real world, just a theoretical one.

It won't be an issue, although you should ask yourself "Do i really need dominator ram?"

usually the answer is no. in my opinion they are a waist of money they have no benefits over regular ram other than looks and i still think they arent that great looking either. Now kingstons hyper x RAM now that some smexy ram, that and the G.Skill trident ram they are like razor blades.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Just get the cheapest one man, it really doesn't make that much of a difference...

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Still more expensive :)  And green PCB is :/

True, true. I was just suggesting that there are different models.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

You need to consider uor height restraints, can your CPU Cooler accomendate Dominator/Vengeance?

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog