Highest Demanding Game for GPU reference

GrantSor+1

I was wondering what is the most demanding game(Gpu intensive) as of today. Ill use it as a guide for my future upgrade.

I think watchdogs is the most demanding but the game is not coded properly so we can just leave watchdogs out right?

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

I was wondering what is the most demanding game(Gpu intensive) as of today. Ill use it as a guide for my future upgrade.

I think watchdogs is the most demanding but the game is not coded properly so we can just leave watchdogs out right?

Crysis 3 and Metro last Night

both can run up to 4K res with AA

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

8xAA on Crysis 3 (1080p and 1440p+)

If you enable the SuperSampled-AA in Metro then yeah, Metro, or any other game with SS-AA modes.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Metro Last Light*

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

Metro 2033 instead of Last Light!

Farcry 3 - When using Ultra with 8xAA

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Maxed out Crysis 3 at 1080p(tested a week ago) on SLI 780Tis only gets 45-65fps during intro mission outside. After you get inside...79fps was the max.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Metro Last Light*

oops :P

Metro 2033 instead of Last Light!

hmm

how about this list

http://www.maximumpc.com/10_most_graphically_demanding_pc_games?page=0,0

although I really o.0 when BF4 is the top of the list

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I still can't max out the Witcher 2 at 2560x1440 with ubersampling. Aside from that, Metro Last Light and Crysis 3 are very demanding. And oddly enough, Morrowind with the maxed out Sound and Graphics overhaul is pretty difficult to max. 

Minesweeper.  :P

In all seriousness, Crysis 3 and Metro: Last Light - not the redux version which isn't out but is supposed to be more optimized, I think - are go-to benchmark games. I think Star Citizen and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn are good benchmark games too, but one's not finalized and the other's a MMO which isn't reliable to benchmark since you'd only have about 30 days to benchmark stuff. For unoptimized stuff, go for Watch_Dogs, Arma 3, and I believe, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, unless that was actually due to drivers.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Ghosts? GTA IV? This list is done by testing how bad a game runs. Such a stupid method.

indeed

I shall stick to Crysis 3 and Last Light 

maybe Skyrim but I don't really know

For unoptimized stuff, go for Watch_Dogs, Arma 3,

Well ya the hardest games to run are the ones which are badly made, badly optimized. But you don't want to judge your hardware with those because it's not representative.

A bit of a tangential rant but-

This is a problem in the PC community; before watchdogs was released there were people posting bullshit like "I hope this will push my hardware to it's limits etc..". After the release people realize the truth; unless your game looks like Crysis 3 or Star Citizen it should not struggle to hit 60fps at 1080p maxed out on good hardware. I don't want stuff that pushes hardware unless there is something to show for it in terms of visuals.

If your game looks an average modern game then it better damn well run like one. Valve's last couple of first person games; CS:GO and Portal 2 do not look ground breaking by modern standards. But we don't complain about it because they also run at over 100fps+ on good hardware. The graphics should justify the performance.

Well ya the hardest games to run are the ones which are badly made, badly optimized. But you don't want to judge your hardware with those because it's not representative.

This is a problem in the PC community; before watchdogs was released there were people posting bullshit like "I hope this will push my hardware to it's limits etc..". After the release people realize the truth; unless your game looks like Crysis 3 or Star Citizen it should not struggle to hit 60fps at 1080p on good hardware. I don't want stuff that pushes hardware unless there is something to show for it in terms of visuals.

Well, there's a reason I listed them separately. Crysis 1 was unoptimized too, right? I think it was unoptimized for CPU with multiple cores or something with GPUs. Dragon Age II was "demanding" despite the game looking meh compared to other games at the time like Dead Space 2.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Well, there's a reason I listed them separately. Crysis 1 was unoptimized too, right?

Yeah but not that bad. Cause it looked better than anything at the time. But I agree it should have run a bit better.

Morrowind with the maxed out Sound and Graphics overhaul is pretty difficult to max. 

It's because it's DirectX 9. If it had a DX11 pipeline it would be effortless.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

indeed

I shall stick to Crysis 3 and Last Light 

maybe Skyrim but I don't really know

Modded Skyim I hope!  :P

Minesweeper.  :P

I see your Minesweeper and raise you a Windows Pinball.

{PC} i5 4690 | Gigabyte R9 290 | Asus H97-Plus | 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury | CM Hyper 212 Evo | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | Adata SX900 256GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB TT 650W Smart Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed

{Audio} Ear/Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400, Westone 4R, Shure SE535 Amp: Little Dot MKIII, Fiio E11 Dac: LIttle Dot Dac II

Watch Dogs? Wut? Even with the E3 mod it still doesn't look at great IMO.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB