Which Z97 Motherboard Should I Use.

I Have 4x gtx 780's and I Want To Run With a Yellow Theme An I Don't Know Which Mobo To Buy.

I Have 4x gtx 780's

r u b ing srs ry nao

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

r u b ing srs ry nao

Yes I Run Multiple Moniters That Are 1440p

Yes I Run Multiple Moniters That Are 1440p

Well.. In that case, something like this?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz97xgaminggt

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Ok I was thinking of going with the MSI XPower 'cause of the little bit of yellow.

Ok I was thinking of going with the MSI XPower 'cause of the little bit of yellow.

That would be a good choice, if you absolutely need 4 780s

That would be a good choice, if you absolutely need 4 780s

Well that is going to be my video rendering machine.

Gigabyte's boards are the best from the Z97 line up, but that only leaves orange/black and red/black boards. Classified is a good option.

Gigabyte's boards are the best from the Z97 line up, but that only leaves orange/black and red/black boards. Classified is a good option.

I'm conserned with the color of the system because that is my second. My first is that it has to support 4-way sli. My third concern is that it has to support very fast ram (ie 2400 Mhz +)

I'm conserned with the color of the system because that is my second. My first is that it has to support 4-way sli. My third concern is that it has to support very fast ram (ie 2400 Mhz +)

Something's going to have to give mate. The MSI boards for me are just not up to scratch this time round. I suggest getting a plain black board, the classified being the only one that springs to mind and support 4 way SLI. Then adding your yellow through some ram coloring etc. All high end Z97 boards support faster ram, it's part of the spec AFAIK.

The best? Exactly how do you figure that? 

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Msi Z97 Xpower comes with an plx chip and is black yellow.

otherwise go X79 X99

None get X79 or wait for X99.

Yeah unless you intend to run a Mac-like dual graphics setup where you're only using the GPUs for rendering/gaming and want onboard to handle everything else, going X79 and getting 3830k or 4830k would be the better choice and give you more yellow boards. 

Also, socket 2011 has 40 PCIe lanes vs. just 16 on socket 1150.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Msi Z97 xpower, has 32 pci-e lanes, due a plx chip.

But still for triple and quad sli setups, i would recommend X79/X99 aswell

I Have 4x gtx 780's and I Want To Run With a Yellow Theme An I Don't Know Which Mobo To Buy.

If you want Z97 go for the XPower, it's yellow.

If you want the full bandwidth, wait and go for X99. That's what I'm doing. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

The best? Exactly how do you figure that?

Aggressively priced across the whole range. If you compare the top offerings of each of the major brands it's hard not to see Gigabyte's G1 black edition as the stand out. They finally did away with the barbs and integrated the G1/4 threads, improved audio, support for QUAD SLI/Crossfire. The last point separates it from Asus M7F, the threads instead of barbs separates it from the Xpower. Also the CeaseFire on the Xpower is in a stupid position. If you are running 4GPU's the 4th one will overhang the PCB. So why cover up the PCIE lane switches? This MSI board just reeks with poor thought.

Msi Z97 xpower, has 32 pci-e lanes, due a plx chip.

But still for triple and quad sli setups, i would recommend X79/X99 aswell

But one should note running PCIe lanes through the chipset (because the CPU socket itself does not support more than 16 direct links) results in performance loss. If you're not gaming it won't matter overmuch, but be aware.

EDIT: This is why I like that Socket 1151 (Skylake) brings 4 more native PCIe lanes. At that point everyone will want to be using a full deck of 16 for a strong GPU and have another 4 sitting around on the M.2 slot for a lightning fast SSD.

But one should note running PCIe lanes through the chipset (because the CPU socket itself does not support more than 16 direct links) results in performance loss. If you're not gaming it won't matter overmuch, but be aware.

Yeah it still can only run at 8(16)/8/8(16)/8 same with the Gigabyte board.

Aggressively priced across the whole range. If you compare the top offerings of each of the major brands it's hard not to see Gigabyte's G1 black edition as the stand out. They finally did away with the barbs and integrated the G1/4 threads, improved audio, support for QUAD SLI/Crossfire. The last point separates it from Asus M7F, the threads instead of barbs separates it from the Xpower. Also the CeaseFire on the Xpower is in a stupid position. If you are running 4GPU's the 4th one will overhang the PCB. So why cover up the PCIE lane switches? This MSI board just reeks with poor thought.

I was looking at the MSI Gaming 5 because of its superior audio and military-grade endurance (building a 10-year machine to replace my dad's 11.5-year-old Q6600 build).

I realize Gigabyte is in a slightly better price range, but is the quality really there?

Proposed build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/patrickjp93/saved/gGFXsY

I might do some gaming with it if my main rig is down but that harly ever happens and I'll will go with water cooling when ever the time comes that ek or xspc comes out with a block that works with what ever board I choose.

I might do some gaming with it if my main rig is down but that harly ever happens and I'll will go with water cooling when ever the time comes that ek or xspc comes out with a block that works with what ever board I choose.

They never come out with blocks later. If that's an intended reason for purchase, check the EKWB website for water blocks now, because they by now will decide which boards are worth their time.