what should i get?

im going to get a hornet f7c but im going to get another ship what should i get between: Freelancer any 300i aurora cutlass or The avenger

Edit: My playstyle is dogfighting,exploring and moving cargo i think.

Basically that depends on what you would like to do?

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

That's a pretty broad spectrum of ships. What would you like to do in the game?

Freelancer:

There's 3 variants, but one of those, the mis, you can no longer get. So, I'll talk about the ones you can.

1) DUR - The dur is the cheapest upgrade and is geared towards exploration, with a loss of cargo space, but a better jump drive and more fuel efficiency. 

2) MAX - the MAX is mainly for gargo transport with double the cargo space, and more thrusters.

Of course you can just stick with a stock freelancer and upgrade it in game.

300 series:

The 300 hundred series is a step up from the Aurora, and offers more comfort and better specialization.

300i: Jack of all trades, and I'll leave it at that. But something you will have to upgrade in game.

315p: made for exploration, this comes with a jump drive and a jump scanner. Plus better thrusters and a bigger power plant for all that upgrading goodness.

325a: This is the fighter of the 300 series, which I don't think you'll be interested in because you own a hornet, so I'm going to skip it.

350r: Not for sale currently, but It's made for racing.

Aurora:

Everything the 300 series is, but on a budget.

Cutlass:

The cutlass is a a more maneuverable form of the freelancer. I'm not going to go into too much detail, because the variants are to be released soon. As of now,  it's kind of nerfed compared to the freelancer. So any stats you see on it now will most definitely be changed in the future. 

Avenger:

Also a fighter, it has more cargo though, but that is mostly the prisoner pods that it contains. This ship is meant for bounty hunting, if you're a good guy, but can also be used for smuggling live cargo, if you know what I mean :P. But again, it's a fighter, so it's kind of redundant with your hornet.

Conclusion:

I would personally go for either the Freelancer, 300i, 315p, or the cutlass. These ships are not technically fighters, though they can pack a punch. And depending on how you outfit them, they can really help you start a career. But, if I were truly narrowing it down, I would say the freelancer, either stock or the MAX, because that would really help you start off a career in transport and trade, and the economy will be a huge part of the game.  (*SPECULATION*) But to be honest, it all comes down to your budget and how much you want to spend.

See you in the 'verse :)

im going to get a hornet f7c but im going to get another ship what should i get between: Freelancer any 300i aurora cutlass or The avenger

Edit: My playstyle is dogfighting,exploring and moving cargo i think.

Based on your playstyle variety, I'd say either Avenger or Cutlass.

Avenger is more of a boom and zoom or hide and snipe type ship in combat, if the specs are to be believed. Cutlass is obviously a bigger target, requires a gunner in the turret (human or AI, both cost you money to hire unless you have a friend) and likely slower and with a more fragile hull. (once the shields are down)

Cutlass can likely go farther on a single refuelling.

Avenger has the biggest main gun mount of any ship all the way up to the Constellation (which matches it) but has to sacrifice fuel pods to mount missiles at all. Note that when using a size 5 gun on the Avenger you'll likely have to micro manage either power plant level (energy weapon) or overheating (projectile weapon) constantly.

I think if you're alone, the Avenger is the best middle road for a balance of money making and combat prowess.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

My thoughts when purchasing were (aside from "take all my money so you can make the BDSS ever!"):

Aurora LX - Nice low profile cruising ship for exploring with great visibility (and good point of entry for first money down on the game :P).

Hornet F7A-M - Wanted a capable dog fighter for AC and general shenanigans (Yes its the A hull, I couldn't resist as it was for a good cause  :D).

Freelancer MAX - Entry level (serious) cargo hauler for making some profit in game making it easier to get a hold of any future ships I might want down the track. It will help me stop spending money on the game too because now I know I have a decent way of earning in game.

Or regardless of the play style you can grab the biggest cargo hauler you can afford and use it to make money fast. Then you can buy all of them ships :)