Is the Shield Worth it?

Bansh33

I've been pondering getting rid of my r9-270 for a GeForce card that's capable of streaming to the Shield... Is it worth the transition?

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

You'd better get at least a GTX 770 if you're going to do that. It'd be pointless to sell a R9 270, buy a GTX 760 just so you can stream to a Shield. 

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

True good point

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

I can't recall if this is confirmed but I'm pretty sure Linus was pretty happy about this announcement but the Shield 2 will be coming out soon. It might be worth researching this and if it is, maybe holding of till then.

Love me some double posting

Roger that..... Commence wait phase!

Roger that..... Commence wait phase!

Wait... Claptraps actually shut up for once?  :lol:

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Wub Wub Wub wubbb Wub wub

Wub Wub Wub wubbb Wub wub

Needs more visual wub wub wub representation.

Needs more visual wub wub wub representation.

Thanks for the backup Wub Wub

Will be posting a picture of my ghetto shield (whatever) setup once my phone sends it to my computer... It works pretty well for me.

EDIT: There you go! Wub Wub Wub :P

post-78536-0-50712200-1404187381.jpg

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I've been pondering getting rid of my r9-270 for a GeForce card that's capable of streaming to the Shield... Is it worth the transition?

If you are more curious about the worth of the sheild itself, it is very much worth it. Think of the sheild less as a game stream device and my re as a powerful and ergonomic tablet. Battery life is good, wireless is good, feel/fit is great, library of apps is huge, easy mapping of game controls to buttons, good sound, I could go on. Considering its purpose not every PC games is playable (by my experience) on it. BF for instance is impossibly difficult with ought the aim assist and larger screen (multiplayer is even worse). However something like Crysis 3 was a fantastic experience on it. I use mine today more for Netflix and YouTube which it is PERFECT for given the stand like nature of the device (I also play a lot and of LoL and BF4 which clearly don't do well in stream). In my limited experience with the GRID streaming software it has a lot of promise, the library was small but games like darksiders and saints row streamed flawlessly and were very playable over my WiFi (which does need to be a high end solution so be aware). Overall a great product, but I would wait for the generation.