games on firero 9100?

Bajantechnician
Go to solution Solved by dragoon20005,

3-4 290x ?

yes

the 290X or the normal 290 if you are on a budget

is it possible to play games in the firpro 9100? are there cheaper colutions for gaming 3 monitor setups @ 60hz with better performance? Thanks

Yeah, that's a workstation card. Not a gaming card. for 3x 1080p get an R9 295x2 or SLI 780 ti, it will be the same if not cheaper and perform better.

Yeah, that's a workstation card. Not a gaming card. for 3x 1080p get an R9 295x2 or SLI 780 ti, it will be the same if not cheaper and perform better.

he might ask because he needs to use it as both a workstation and gaming card.

the amount you pay for a firepro card

you will be better off buying dual 295x2 gpus which is watercooled factory stock

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

is it possible to play games in the firpro 9100? are there cheaper colutions for gaming 3 monitor setups @ 60hz with better performance? Thanks

There's everything in the world that's better for the price (you could get two 295X2's) but if it's a card you have to run for work or something then yes it will do fine. I play games on a Quadro NVS and it's good enough for what the core its powered by can deliver. But again, unless you have to run firepro then you can use regular Radeons in a workstation too.

"Rawr XD"

the amount you pay for a firepro card

you will be better off buying dual 295x2 gpus which is watercooled factory stock

There's everything in the world that's better for the price (you could get two 295X2's) but if it's a card you have to run for work or something then yes it will do fine. I play games on a Quadro NVS and it's good enough for what the core its powered by can deliver. But again, unless you have to run firepro then you can use regular Radeons in a workstation too.

So what would you suggest I get to run 3 4k monitors @ 60hz? Thx

for now nothing. nothing is that strong. wait for new gen amd gpus, since they do better at higher resolutions

the fuck are you trying to do?

cool stuff eyefinity with 3 4k monitors @ 60 hz. I have a budget of $3000 for the graphics card themselves, and I plan to watercool. Ya.... I'm also using the p9x79 e-ws motherboard, so I can have pci-express 16x to each card. There's a total of 64x for 4 cards, so this board is beast. Ya

for now nothing. nothing is that strong. wait for new gen amd gpus, since they do better at higher resolutions

how bout 3 eyefinity 2k monitors?

how bout 3 eyefinity 2k monitors?

cool stuff eyefinity with 3 4k monitors @ 60 hz. I have a budget of $3000 for the graphics card themselves, and I plan to watercool. Ya.... I'm also using the p9x79 e-ws motherboard, so I can have pci-express 16x to each card. There's a total of 64x for 4 cards, so this board is beast. Ya

like 3 of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009554&cm_re=Ips_2k_monitors-_-24-009-554-_-Product. What do I need to run these? Thx

may the light of linus guide you on your path.

In all seriousness though... you'll find little to no experience on this forum with 3 4k monitors.

may the light of linus guide you on your path.

In all seriousness though... you'll find little to no experience on this forum with 3 4k monitors.

how bout 3 2k monitors? What would you use to run that @ 60 htz

how bout 3 2k monitors? What would you use to run that @ 60 htz

2k as in regular fullhd 1080p or some obscure resolution?

^This. If you need it, yes it will game quite nice,y. Itll probably be around a hd 7950

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

sounds like 12k :)

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

a 7870 XT can run 3 1600x900 monitors in Battlefield Hardline on medium at 55 FPS, (my own experience)

soo a 1440p monitor should be the same, which means that to run 3 1440P monitors, you'd need 3 7870XTs (assuming 100% scaling)

this would be 4608 Stream processors, or 2 R9-290s

now, 4k monitors are double the resolution of 1440p, so you would need at the very least 3 R9-290xes, or 4 R9-290s (again, at 100% scaling)

So, I'd recommend 3 R9-290Xes, which would have better real world scaling than 4 290s.

since the resolution is so high, I would recommend the 8 GB versions too.

How much is all of this? A steamy $1650, less than half of your W1900

However, after scaling is taken into account, you would likely sit on a 45 FPS average.

Hypothetical FPS chart, based on this logic:

Battlefield: Hardline - Medium w/ Mantle - 45 FPS                                 (55 on 7870XT @ 4800x900)

Firefall - High - 66 FPS                                                                         (80 on 7870XT @ 4800x900)

Planetside 2 - Ultra (no shadows or motion blur) - 52 FPS                   (64 on 7870XT @ 4800x900)

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - High - 62 FPS                                       (76 on 7870XT @ 4800x900)

Disclaimer:

These are hypothetical numbers, based 82% average Tri-Fire scaling, scaling up from 7870XT to R9-290X, and scaling up from 4800x900 to 11520x2160

You have been warned.

2k as in regular fullhd 1080p or some obscure resolution?

^This. If you need it, yes it will game quite nice,y. Itll probably be around a hd 7950

2k as in 1440p

2k as in 1440p

I'd still wait for the next generation of AMD or Nvidia graphics cards, but i'm sure 3 r9 290X in trifire would do the job.

I'd still wait for the next generation of AMD or Nvidia graphics cards, but i'm sure 3 r9 290X in trifire would do the job.

can I watercool that?

The ONLY way to run 3 4k monitors is turn down the settings and get 2 Titan Blacks but expect 30-40 fps.

12K resolutions???

even SLi Titan Z will have trouble running 

don't expect decent frame rate with just 2 GPUs unless you want to drop the details to low or med

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

In my opinion you could do with three 290/290X's. It's still cheaper then a FirePro 9100, and although you won't be maxing out every game you play it should be fine to do 3 4K monitors for productivity use and medium-settings gaming. You could just set the games to run at 1080p though, and max them out that way.

If you have the money, room, and airflow, then you could also do two 295X2's.

"Rawr XD"

12K resolutions???

even SLi Titan Z will have trouble running 

don't expect decent frame rate with just 2 GPUs unless you want to drop the details to low or med

it's 6k, not 12k