€ 1200 game and render rig - last check before buy

Hi!

I am going to buy a 1200€ rig, but since it is quite a lot of money I'm spending here, I'm going to ask the pros (hence this forum) to confirm my build or give me advice if I'm going to make the most stupid mistake of my life :)

the specs are:

• MSI Z87-G55 motherboard
  • Intel Core i7 4770K
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB
  • Corsair Vengance 8gb 2 sticks (blue)
  • Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White with Window
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
  • Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD
  • WD 1TB 7200rpm Blue
  • Seasonic M12II EVO 750W

I will use it for normal gaming but mainly for AE and 3Dstudio redering. I would like to keep the option of a 2nd 770 open and OC the i7 to about 4 or 4.2 (not too much)

Are there compatibility issues, suggestions, overkill? Or should I buy it as is? :)

Sincerely

ThePyCoder

I have heard a few complaints about the Seasonic evo psu being quite noisy. Also The i7 4790K and Z97 boards are the latest releases.

Maybe have a look at the EVGA Supernova G2 750W psu. It shouldn't be a lot more than the Evo.

Swap the CPU and mobo out for a Z97 parts, and then go 4790K.

Thanks for the fast replies!! I just saw the 4790k myself, it's only €10 more so certainly a must :)

But for the powersupply then, I can't get the EVGA where I live. So what about the RM750 or the CX750 or the seasonic G-series? :)

The Seasonic G would be my choice. The XFX XTR is also a good psu if you have them where you live. It is made by Seasonic as well, and is basically a fully modular version of the G series.

Hi!

I am going to buy a 1200€ rig, but since it is quite a lot of money I'm spending here, I'm going to ask the pros (hence this forum) to confirm my build or give me advice if I'm going to make the most stupid mistake of my life :)

the specs are:

• MSI Z87-G55 motherboard
  • Intel Core i7 4770K
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB
  • Corsair Vengance 8gb 2 sticks (blue)
  • Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White with Window
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
  • Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD
  • WD 1TB 7200rpm Blue
  • Seasonic M12II EVO 750W

I will use it for normal gaming but mainly for AE and 3Dstudio redering. I would like to keep the option of a 2nd 770 open and OC the i7 to about 4 or 4.2 (not too much)

Are there compatibility issues, suggestions, overkill? Or should I buy it as is? :)

Sincerely

ThePyCoder

Which particular 770 do you plan on getting? Because for €292 you could get a Sapphire Vapor-X R9-280X.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

Well i i recommend putting in more ram Beacuse im a serius gamer already on 35% ram usage (8gb ram) wthout running any programs (only the programs on the background) go for 12gigs of ram thats good. Also its a render and game rig soo it will take alot of ram.

Which particular 770 do you plan on getting? Because for €292 you could get a Sapphire Vapor-X R9-280X.

I would go for this: https://www.cdromland.nl/product/942/951650/Gigabyte-GeForce-GTX-770-2GB

or this one: https://www.cdromland.nl/product/942/951725/MSI-GeForce-GTX-770-2GB

actually yes, I have considered the R9 280x for a long time. But in the benchmarks it gets beaten by the 770 almost every time, isn't it? Although benchmarks like 3Dmark for rendering do show the R9 packs quite a punch. Can anyone confirm the thought that an R9 is better for rendering while the gtx 770 is better for pure gaming? If so I might go for the R9 :)

The saphire is available to me, so that won't be the problem.

Also this one is available: https://www.cdromland.nl/product/941/952506/Gigabyte-GV-R928XOC-3GD-Rev-2-0 and cheaper ;)

Anyone with expierience with these cards?

Well i i recommend putting in more ram Beacuse im a serius gamer already on 35% ram usage (8gb ram) wthout running any programs (only the programs on the background) go for 12gigs of ram thats good. Also its a render and game rig soo it will take alot of ram.

I might indeed get more, but I'm not doing it right now because it's easy to get more later :) But thanks for the heads up, and you're a belgian too which is awesome ;)

thanks for the support!