Mobo Experts Needed lol

Hey guys building rig for my friend absolutely non techy like never even heard word OverClock.... I am getting him a 4670k and corsair 350d..... what mono should I get? I don't think he needs Z board but what are your thoughts???

Its all looks these days

If he's not overclocking get a non-K CPU and a H97/similar board.

I can get k for cheaper.... not a B board?

Its all looks these days

I would get a unlocked processor, just so if he finds out what "overclock" means. Then he will just have to upgrade the mobo. 

And what is the price range for the whole build?

Also keep in mind, you can't SLI on non z boards. sooo if there's any chance he'll want a second gpu, or maybe oc the get a z board.

I personally have the Msi z87m gaming and love it. But pretty much any matx board from asus, gigabyte, asrock, or Msi will be just fine.

Also, the only difference between z87 and z97 is that z97 officially supports devils canyon and broadwell (although z87 should with an update as well), Sata express and m.2

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Asus Maximus VII Ranger :)

thats a nice board.  with tons of feutures, offcourse all the bells and whissles from Z97, but it also has great onboard audio.

Its offcourse not that cheap, but it is just quality stuf.

If you have a K cpu, you also want the fully unlocked chipset

Hey guys building rig for my friend absolutely non techy like never even heard word OverClock.... I am getting him a 4670k and corsair 350d..... what mono should I get? I don't think he needs Z board but what are your thoughts???

This board for $80 is unbeatable.

ASRock Z87 Extreme 3

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

This board for $80 is unbeatable.

ASRock Z87 Extreme 3

Also keep in mind, you can't SLI on non z boards. sooo if there's any chance he'll want a second gpu, or maybe oc the get a z board.

I personally have the Msi z87m gaming and love it. But pretty much any matx board from asus, gigabyte, asrock, or Msi will be just fine.

Also, the only difference between z87 and z97 is that z97 officially supports devils canyon and broadwell (although z87 should with an update as well), Sata express and m.2

If he's not overclocking get a non-K CPU and a H97/similar board.

He has an 800$ budget though...... Asrock extreme 3 is atx.... I am building micro....

Its all looks these days

@luke_2bossly

With such a small budget, don't get such an expensive case.

Here is a very good MicroATX Build:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YLc84D
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YLc84D/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($189.99 @ Micro Center) <-- In-store Microcenter, or Staples.com Price Match(Call or Live Chat)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI Z87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($90.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($78.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($55.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($52.91 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB Dual-X Video Card  ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Xion XON-560 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($46.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($35.00) <-- Use this link to get the OS for $35.
Total: $805.79
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

@luke_2bossly

With such a small budget, don't get such an expensive case.

Here is a very good MicroATX Build:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YLc84D

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YLc84D/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($189.99 @ Micro Center) <-- In-store Microcenter, or Staples.com Price Match(Call or Live Chat)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.98 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: MSI Z87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($90.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($78.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($55.98 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($52.91 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB Dual-X Video Card  ($189.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Xion XON-560 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($46.98 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($34.99 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($35.00) <-- Use this link to get the OS for $35.

Total: $805.79

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Ok he wants that case though.... Ill just take out the ssd and put that money toward the 350d

Its all looks these days

Ok he wants that case though.... Ill just take out the ssd and put that money toward the 350d

Explain to him that would be a mistake.  Case doesn't impact performance, and it is such a costly part for such a small budget.  Get him an SSD.  SSD will really make his PC feel new because of the speed it provides the system.  It is possible to later add an SSD, but it is difficult and problems often arise because crucial files are left on the wrong storage device.

No offence but I would not trust you to build my PC with your current knowledge. So might want to have some back up cash in case you do mess something up. That is my honest opinion.

No offence but I would not trust you to build my PC with your current knowledge. So might want to have some back up cash in case you do mess something up. That is my honest opinion.

Well your opinion sucks cause I been building pc's since 2003... I just post on here to learn more and get opinions from the real experts..... it's a forum...what the point if no one post??? So back off man

Its all looks these days

Explain to him that would be a mistake.  Case doesn't impact performance, and it is such a costly part for such a small budget.  Get him an SSD.  SSD will really make his PC feel new because of the speed it provides the system.  It is possible to later add an SSD, but it is difficult and problems often arise because crucial files are left on the wrong storage device.

What case you suggest with side glass panel?

Its all looks these days

Well your opinion sucks cause I been building pc's since 2003... I just post on here to learn more and get opinions from the real experts..... it's a forum...what the point if no one post??? So back off man

11 years since you started, that's even worse seeing you don't even know the basics of building computers now. Yes forums are a place to ask questions and is a good place to learn these things, but not for stupid questions that you should know if you actually do have a 11 year background. Also what is with all the "....."? Did not not go to school to learn the basics of punctuation and grammar too?

What case you suggest with side glass panel?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/raidmax-case-atx818wb

$40 after MIR through Newegg and very good ratings, comes in at budget and has a very unique look to it.

If you can go over budget:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-cc9011029ww

11 years since you started, that's even worse seeing you don't even know the basics of building computers now. Yes forums are a place to ask questions and is a good place to learn these things, but not for stupid questions that you should know if you actually do have a 11 year background. Also what is with all the "....."? Did not not go to school to learn the basics of punctuation and grammar too?

F##k you :) .... should I get B or H motherboard.....what is air cooling......why is speedrookie gay..... what is an intel....what is e3..... who is linus.....what is a slick...... get wrecked I can right what I want :) and I wasn't saying get b or h mobo I was asking what kind/brand.....you wouldn't know that cause your too dang worried bout how many periods I put.... stand down solider boy.....

Its all looks these days

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Its all looks these days

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I see that your also on your period because you seem very upset. Again it was just my opinion, and I see it played out to be true. Your friend is very stupid to have you build a computer for him.

I see that your also on your period because you seem very upset. Again it was just my opinion, and I see it played out to be true. Your friend is very stupid to have you build a computer for him.

Yep sorry just agervated at him lol ;) I took it down your welcome lols :)

Its all looks these days