Computer not booting from USB drive with windows 7

rambi36

Hey guys! So I just built my mom a computer and I copied the files from the windows 7 disk to the usb and when i attempt to boot off of it, windows does not install. FYI, I have an MSI A78M E35 motherboard. Thaks ;)

Life.exe is missing

Hey guys! So I just built my mom a computer and I copied the files from the windows 7 disk to the usb and when i attempt to boot off of it, windows does not install. FYI, I have an MSI A78M E35 motherboard. Thaks ;)

http://arstechnica.com/business/2009/12/the-usb-flash-drive/

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

When you copy the files it does not copy the boot sector which basically tells the BIOS "hey I am bootable, here's how you boot..."

Take an .ISO image of the Windows DVD and write the image to the USB stick.

When you copy the files it does not copy the boot sector which basically tells the BIOS "hey I am bootable, here's how you boot..."

Take an .ISO image of the Windows DVD and write the image to the USB stick.

Thats weird I did the same thing when I was installing windows 8 on my rig and it worked fine. Well anyways, the iso is downloading now and with my mom's internet its gonna take a while...

Life.exe is missing

Thats weird I did the same thing when I was installing windows 8 on my rig and it worked fine. Well anyways, the iso is downloading now and with my mom's internet its gonna take a while...

So go brew some coffee.

So I used the windows usb dvd tool and put the iso onto the flash drive. I then put the flash drive in the computer and attempted booting off of it and all I see is a white line at the top *left of the screen that keeps going away and coming back. What did I do wrong? :/ 

Life.exe is missing

Win 7 bootable USB tool doesn't configure the efi files properly.

Look up win 7 bootable USB efi.

Or put your computer in bios compatibility mode (yuck)

Win 7 bootable USB tool doesn't configure the efi files properly.

Look up win 7 bootable USB efi.

Or put your computer in bios compatibility mode (yuck)

Getting the file to put in the windows installation usb is gonna be impossible because the only other computer at my mom's is running 32 bit windows vista so I am kinda screwed :/

Life.exe is missing

Getting the file to put in the windows installation usb is gonna be impossible because the only other computer at my mom's is running 32 bit windows vista so I am kinda screwed :/

you can prob grab them from the .iso if you open it in a utility like 7zip, etc.

TO boot the computer on USB pen drive for that kindly go to the BIOS setting and chance the boot priority to the USB device then follow the below link in which it shown in a very simple way to create the Pen drive bootable.

http://www.techonsolution.com/how-to-create-bootable-pen-drive-in-windows-78-using-command-prompt/

TO boot the computer on USB pen drive for that kindly go to the BIOS setting and chance the boot priority to the USB device then follow the below link in which it shown in a very simple way to create the Pen drive bootable.

http://www.techonsolution.com/how-to-create-bootable-pen-drive-in-windows-78-using-command-prompt/

you have to format the drive. NCIX has a video about it. you cant just copy and paste!