What makes a man cave a man cave?

LarsReviews

After seeing this really awesome man cave by smogsy, http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/170196-the-man-cave-999-complete/

So what does it takes to make a real man cave. 

Right now I have a 40qm2 / 430 sqft. room with a wall mounted TV, speaker and my PC. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Has to have a mini fridge

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

My Man Cave would be a double Garage with only 1 car door, as It would be my gaming/computer room too.

Then again I'm not made of money xD

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

IMO it must have Audio, Video, comfy seating and beer. Dart boards, foose ball tables and pool tables are optional. 

Has to have a mini fridge

They aren't that expensive, should be possible. 

My Man Cave would be a double Garage with only 1 car door, as It would be my gaming/computer room too.

Then again I'm not made of money xD

A garage like that would be nice, But there are three problems with that, the $$$ like you mentioned, it is my parents house and that it is to small to fit a car and a PC area, At least it has a bath room, but I don't get the purpose of it. Maybe if you need to pee right after you come home?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Lots and lots of booze

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

The Man. 

I am 18 and allowed to vote. :D

man cave checklist:

• man 

and about the booze, I don't drink. After 4 years of seeing the drunk german guys out of my class, I don't want to get drunk. And believe me, I have seen the most ridiculous things done by drunk people.

This is my Man cave in actuallity :blink:

Primitive  CPU' (BC 729) sempron 145

Rusty PC Case,

lowest end Mobo (BC 243)

DDR2 Ram slot? (WTF) 1 gb?

keyboard with a few keyblocks missing(thankfully ,not the alphabets)

CRT monitor (ARRRRRR ME High definition cave Box)

7.1 Surround headphones (just head band & open space for the ears i can hear all around!) (actually 15$ headset)

It's my ferrari & this is what a genuine man cave should look like. with 'Swag' written all over it, B)

Details separate people.

Whatever your main source of entertainment or media is + comfort + seclusion

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 6ft+ tall, well built, husky beast of a man with enough money to pay my bills.

DISCIPLE OF HIS HOLINESS, GABEN FIRST OF HIS NAME FOR NOW AND THE END OF TIME

STEAM - Brendson | ORIGIN - LGBrendson | BATTLE.NET - Brendson#2793

PLACES TO FOLLOW ME - Pastebin

Each one is different for each person.

It refers more to how in the past with traditional gender roles, a wife would be in charge of decorating and arranging the house

The man cave would be one room where the husband has free reign to decorate and design to their liking without wife approval required.

Given my interests, it would be filled with tech junk.

I would personally have a CNC mill and lathe with a stockpile of aluminum/steel/wood in the corner so I can make stuff to make heart's content.

And..... the usual crazy gaming and content consumption set up with some refreshments. 

I am 18 and allowed to vote. :D

man cave checklist:

• man 

and about the booze, I don't drink. After 4 years of seeing the drunk german guys out of my class, I don't want to get drunk. And believe me, I have seen the most ridiculous things done by drunk people.

-_-'

Try to get drunk and see if you are like them.

Try it, you might loosen up.

Laser armed sentry that instantly vaporizes any womenfolk who attempt to enter said cave.

tv that spans the corner of the ceiling to the bottom edge of the floor, covering an entire wall.

Sound system that puts ultra 70mm imax theaters to shame, with sound deadening walls to prevent non men outside the cave from experiencing the glory

Lazyboy chair or equivalent that acts as a sort of Captains chair on the bridge.  Or perhaps the tittle throne is more appropriate.

Semi sentient robot assistant that addresses you by your rightful designation upon entering this dwelling.  Sovereign.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...