is 1440p that much more of a load?

Swndlr

Yep, in terms of workload scaling, it's nearly double 1080p.

are all third party apps scaled well for the higher res tho? ive noticed on the blade that a lot of windows for the most part really isnt ready for 4k/near4k res :/ although all of my must use applications do just fine so it isnt that big an issue for me

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

would not touch 1440p since 4k will be the norm extremely soon! sooner than 1080p was!

i dont think it will be as soon as some think. think about it, sure the monitors and displays will come down in price and become more common to the average consumer, but then again we will all need to upgrade our systems extremely (or at least a good amount of us will need to) in order to be running games and graphic demanding applications at satisfactory performance and IMO i dont think most of us are ready for it just too soon :D

dont get me wrong tho, i totally excited to see what is coming up in the technology world in the next few years :)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

would not touch 1440p since 4k will be the norm extremely soon! sooner than 1080p was!

i dont think it will be as soon as some think. think about it, sure the monitors and displays will come down in price and become more common to the average consumer, but then again we will all need to upgrade our systems extremely (or at least a good amount of us will need to) in order to be running games and graphic demanding applications at satisfactory performance and IMO i dont think most of us are ready for it just too soon :D

dont get me wrong tho, i totally excited to see what is coming up in the technology world in the next few years :)

The resolution will be useful for productivity IMO. Only reason I got it.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

yeah 1440 is nearly twice the resolution of 1080 and its not impossible to run like 4k 

As it has been stated before the increase amount of screen space is awesome, especially because the image quality has not gotten any worse than a 24in 1080p screen. It definitely takes more power to run but still doable with single gpu solutions. The major issues about 4k have been talked about already. 

Sorry if this  a repost, had some trouble while posting. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

For single screen setup 1440p is the "best" IMO right now, but for triple monitor, it's kinda too demanding for the gpu (still possible) so I give kudos for 1080p on that one.