GTX 560 TI after 3 years (Benchmark/review)

After 3 years you may think a GTX 560 TI would be bad. after all we're on the 700 series now.

Well i'll tell you. The GTX 560 TI still does a remarkable job running games. So i wanted to show people who are just interested in seeing it perform, or mabye want to buy a used card if you dont have money.

Any games you would like to see? Just repost and if i have that game, ill be sure to post the results!

This is a gaming rig that costed me 1500 dollars, about 3 years ago, and how it performs today.

Setup:

- GTX 560 TI 2GB (Gainward) (Not Overclocked)

- Western digital 2TB (All games on this HDD)

- AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHZ (Clocked to 3.5ghz)

- Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3, Socket-AM3+

- Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 16GB CL9

On a BenQ 24" LCD G2420HD
1920x1080, 40000:1, 2ms, VGA/DVI/HDMI 60HZ monitor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets get to the results:

SKYRIM:

Picture (V-sync problems so 60 on all lol)

Minecraft (1080P):

Picture (That minimum though, had to change chart maker)

DayZ:

Picture

League of legends

Picture

Battlefield 3

Picture

Counter strike source

Picture

- Request more! Ill update with the upcoming days (dayz, haha get it... ._.)

- Veg

A 560ti is still ok for playing games, I know people who play BF4 using them, and one person who has 300hrs of BF4 on a 460.

Believe it or not I first played both of the metro games on a 560ti.

I still have a 560.

Beast of a card.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I know people who play BF4 using them

I do myself xD All medium settings and 60fps smooth. The card is pretty damn good and I can still play most new games at 1080p at best settings or near to best settings. Obviously it lacks on AAA graphical monster titles but apart from that it still holds pretty well :)

I have MSI's 560 Ti, but 1 GB model

And I think that 1 GB is kind of bottleneck for 560 Ti, in lots of games I see memory is almost completely utilized even from days of BF3

On Watch Dog's performance optimization guide on NVidia's website, they even mentioned different settings for 1 GB and 2 GB version of 560 Ti

Planning to upgrade during 8xx series

Finally got PS4 Pro

BF3 benchmarks have been done :) + Counter strike source too!

Guys if you want to see more bechmarks from GTX 560 TI 2gb, just repost a game and i'll try my best to put it up.

DayZ benchmark have been done. i now have to change my conculsion which is coming soon, because the results where suprising.

League has been added too.

DayZ bench: http://puu.sh/9NOoH/39661ec6d7.png // Picture

LOL bench: http://puu.sh/9NPDu/cfacd1a0a4.png // Picture

If no one asks for any game benchmarks now,  ill finish the ''review / article / benchmark '' later today.

maybe overcloaking your cpu might help a little bit btw, that MB looks like its overcloakable 

oo damn you bought 16gb of ram three years ago? dang i wonder how much that was then

If no one asks for any game benchmarks now,  ill finish the ''review / article / benchmark '' later today.

If you want another test..

AVP DX11 Benchmarks were done on a number of newer cards than yours in the past and comparable results can easily be found to compare with your results.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1805/avp-aliens-vs-predator-directx-11-benchmark/

The newly'ish released UT4 demo's... if your even interested.

The 5 - http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2369/unreal-engine-4-five-tech-demos/

Elemental - http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2368/unreal-engine-4-elemental-tech-demo/

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I'd like to test the GTX295 (Dual GPU) in my work PC (don't ask) but I can't really sit around playing games at work :(

But interesting results, for a 3 year old system that's more than I expected.

That's a 2GB 560Ti. Like seven and a half of those were made (exaggeration)

The stock 560Ti is terrible today as the 1GB frame buffer bottlenecks it hard. In fact, you can see a dramatic difference between a GTX 470 1280MB and a 560Ti 1GB. Those 280 extra megs on the 470 help more than you would think - and the GPUs themselves are pretty much identical in performance if you take VRAM out of the equation - but the 470 is massively better with the extra VRAM today.

I had a 12 FPS difference on War Thunder high/movie settings in favour of my old Zotac 470 over the 560Ti 448 from EVGA.

So yes, a 2GB 560Ti is roughly a 750Ti that draws more watts, and is still relevant today - a regular 560Ti is pretty much garbage. The threshold of usefulness towards high+ settings may not be MUCH higher than 1GB, but it's higher nevertheless, and that's a bar the 560 Tis that most people have won't be able to reach.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'd like to test the GTX295 (Dual GPU) in my work PC (don't ask) but I can't really sit around playing games at work :(

Why do you have a dual gpu gaming card in yout work pc? xD

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So yes, a 2GB 560Ti is roughly a 750Ti

A 570 is comparable to a 750ti, the 560ti would be a regular 750

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

A 570 is comparable to a 750ti, the 560ti would be a regular 750

It's more like between the two. Just as similar to both really, raw performance. Provided the 560Ti is the 2GB 448 core version.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Why do you have a dual gpu gaming card in yout work pc? xD

Because I fixed it with a heatgun, can't sell it and I have the crappiest computer at the shop (others have Lenovo i5 machines or Macbooks...) :P

Because I fixed it with a heatgun, can't sell it and I have the crappiest computer at the shop (others have Lenovo i5 machines or Macbooks...) :P

hahaha

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That's a 2GB 560Ti. Like seven and a half of those were made (exaggeration)

The stock 560Ti is terrible today as the 1GB frame buffer bottlenecks it hard. In fact, you can see a dramatic difference between a GTX 470 1280MB and a 560Ti 1GB. Those 280 extra megs on the 470 help more than you would think - and the GPUs themselves are pretty much identical in performance if you take VRAM out of the equation - but the 470 is massively better with the extra VRAM today.

I had a 12 FPS difference on War Thunder high/movie settings in favour of my old Zotac 470 over the 560Ti 448 from EVGA.

So yes, a 2GB 560Ti is roughly a 750Ti that draws more watts, and is still relevant today - a regular 560Ti is pretty much garbage. The threshold of usefulness towards high+ settings may not be MUCH higher than 1GB, but it's higher nevertheless, and that's a bar the 560 Tis that most people have won't be able to reach.

I still use the 1gb 560ti in my rig and I don't feel the urge to upgrade just yet. Saying it is complete garbage is a major exaggeration. Yes I turn down settings bit am I playing at unreasonably low settings? No. Am I willing to pay a couple of hundred of dollars to bump those settings up? Nope. Of course visual expectations are going to be a basis of opinion but completely dismissing the card is a tad severe. With that said, I wouldn't recommend it today when someone is shopping around for a new card. If you get it as a hand me down and it's an upgrade from your current hardware then go for it but you can spend your money on something better than a 3 year old video card that doesn't support some of nvidia's bigger features and can only dish out two screens on a single card. 

maybe overcloaking your cpu might help a little bit btw, that MB looks like its overcloakable 

oo damn you bought 16gb of ram three years ago? dang i wonder how much that was then

I checked the site i bought it from.

http://puu.sh/9OKb4/bcf476342f.png

2400kr which is equal to 391 dollar at current currency.

But was equal around 300 at that time.

Keep in mind, every pc part is more expensive in norway than every other part of the problem.

Example these are the cheapest prices u can get on hardware from today:'

- Gtx 780 TI: 865 dollars (in NOK)

- R9 295: 1800 dollars (in NOK)

If you are still taking game requests, how about Metro series, Tomb Raider or maybe even Arma II? I would definitely love to see Metro 2033. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

• 2 weeks later...

if someone asks me if i want to buy his 2 years old gtx560 for 65€ and says everything runs fine, i would get it