BF3 freezes every time I open it

I find that on my brand-new R9 280X, I can't play BF3. Whether it be campaign or coop or multiplayer, it'll freeze within 3 seconds of me entering the program and then crash some time afterwards (multiplayer won't even start, the program initializes but I can't go into it).

I have Catalyst 14.4, the 14.10 drivers, also there's this weird Raptr popup from Gaming Evolved app that shows up when I alt-tab to BF3 where the "Origin in-game: Shift + F1 to open" popup should be. Borderlands 2, BF2 all work fine.

Openhardwaremonitor records the temperature to go up by 3°C from its idle temp of 41°C and when BF3 freezes it goes back down to 41°C. Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X (first gen).

Install latest direct-x and net framework stuffs also update punkbuster and try repairing the game in origin.

throw bf3 in the microwave, that should unfreeze it

Try unparking your CPU cores. Also how is the E3-1230V2? I was literally planning on getting the exact same CPU.

I don't really know what that means. I thought only AMD FX was widely capable of disabling cores? In that case I have all my cores enabled.

You should be thinking about the E3-1230V3, which is the Haswell one. The V2 is Ivy Bridge. I wholeheartedly recommend it; however, if you want to overclock you should look at something else. If you want good gaming performance with the multi-thread capacity of an i7 at a low price, then the 1230V3 is the only way to go.