Mid range Smartphone

Kameegaming
Go to solution Solved by Silver Knight,

Are you open with a Windows Phone? Your decriptions of what you need in the phone; 'Calling and SMS (obviously), Wi-fi, good internet speed, smooth OS as in it works very smooth when I scroll' kinda fit perfectly with a WP8.1 os. I'm really satisfied with mine WP which I've been using for over a year now.

^^^

This guy. I've never owned a Win phone, but i used my friends Lumia 620, and it was incredibly snappy :D The UI just "flows" :D

G2 looks fine, G2 mini also but the resolution on that phone seems pretty terrible, as of now 

G2 and Nexus 5 seem the best kind of phones out there

The prize difference among the two is 13 Euros G2 being 325 Euros and nexus 5 312 Euros

I prefer Nexus 5 over anything (vanilla Android :D :D :D), but it was skimped on some stuff to bring the price down. I read multiple comments of people saying it has bad speakers (they said it was fixed in the second batch of the phones), bad camera (it was fixed with an Android update...) and some other problems...

If you want snappiness and fast updates, go with Nexus 5

Good camera and overall a great phone for the price, LG G2

In the end, they are both great phone :D You won't go wrong with choosing either of them :D

So I want to buy a new phone, problems I have never been really a mobile person, don't use mobiles much, haven't been following what's happening with the mobile device market, so I need some advice.

What I need in the Phone: - Calling and SMS (obviously), Wi-fi, good internet speed, smooth OS as in it works very smooth when I scroll, something not as large as an S5 or HTC one m8, i will bump into somethign and just smash in the screen.

some mid range CPU in it is fine, I don't need the best out there (HTC One M8 is good but very pricey and too big).

Here is what O2 has atm, I am going to swtich to them because I'm travelling between Czech republic and Slovakia a lot and thses programs are shared, so I only need one for both countries.

http://www.o2.sk/pre-vas/telefony%C2'> it's in slovak but stuff should be straight forward

Any suggestions?

i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz 1.37v, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, Asus z370-A Prime

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

NZXT H440 White, Corsair H100i GTX v2, EVGA 750G2

Corsair AF140 x1, Corsair SP120 x2, Noctua Industrial 3000 RPM x3

Google Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Edition, HTC One M7, HTC One Mini 2, Motorola Moto X

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Price?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Moto X has my vote since I have the phone. I like it very much: very easy to use with one hand and have good-ish battery, I wish it was better, though.

No one should buy Nexus 5 over LG G2. :(

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Price?

300 euro max

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Samsung 960 Evo 256GB, Samsung 850Pro 1TB, WD 3TB HDD

No one should buy Nexus 5 over LG G2. :(

Why not, the G2 is overpriced and has a horrible UI

Why not, the G2 is overpriced and has a horrible UI

dunno when i search for a phone g2 is barely more than nexus 5 and ui in android phones? seriously? :D

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Are you open with a Windows Phone? Your decriptions of what you need in the phone; 'Calling and SMS (obviously), Wi-fi, good internet speed, smooth OS as in it works very smooth when I scroll' kinda fit perfectly with a WP8.1 os. I'm really satisfied with mine WP which I've been using for over a year now.

G2 looks fine, G2 mini also but the resolution on that phone seems pretty terrible, as of now 

The prize difference among the two is 13 Euros G2 being 325 Euros and nexus 5 312 Euros

^^^

This guy. I've never owned a Win phone, but i used my friends Lumia 620, and it was incredibly snappy :D The UI just "flows" :D

I prefer Nexus 5 over anything (vanilla Android :D :D :D), but it was skimped on some stuff to bring the price down. I read multiple comments of people saying it has bad speakers (they said it was fixed in the second batch of the phones), bad camera (it was fixed with an Android update...) and some other problems...

In the end, they are both great phone :D You won't go wrong with choosing either of them :D

^^^

Yeah G2 seems to have better camera / speaker, non of which is really a factor for me, on my previous phone in almost 3 years i have taken maybe 30 photos and listened to less than 5 minutes total.

neither has Micro SD support, g2 has better battery, since there have been multiple software updates it's hard to know what's the actual life on nexus 5,

According to Linus you can go a whole day without charging

IT seems to come down to design:

G2 has the more awesome back buttons, but Nexus 5 has the better color choice, it's more matt instead of the glossy fingerprint catcher that g2 seems to be.