Intel Pentium G3258 vs. AMD Fx 6300

False. This is 2014, Almost every game made now uses 3+ threads besides maybe a few indies. However the faster Intel cores will make up some of the difference sometimes but not all the time.

A dual core with the same multithreaded performance as a quad core is going to perform better obviously - here's a 4 threaded benchmark. Just some core load activity over an hour time doesn't mean much, lately a guy was showing his maximum load on each individual core with hwinfo32 lol >.< Also lets not start about a 3rd thread, when you guys are treating the i3 as a dual core and not as a quadcore - when people are treating the 6300 as a 6 core which has the resources being duplicated that rather destroys its gaming performance than doing anything good. Lets yell that 6300's are better after 95% benchmarks says the opposite and in the benchmarks it does better it's always the same games like BF4, MP3, Crysis 3, Hitman, Metro that's it.

Oh I know. Just look at watch dogs the Pentium gets crushed. =/ 

That's one game, open steam up and the number of mmo counts they have to offer is the minimum amount of games that's not playable on AMD. Just one heavy mainthread is enough to kill AMD's performance. GW2 was able to push sometimes a quadcore to 100% load but in a world event it goes all the way down to 50% orsomething and youre enjoying a lovely cpu bottleneck.

I completely agree with I_build_nanosuits fx6300 if you don't plan on upgrading in the near future the Pentium if you do intent to upgrade to an i5-i7 soon.

For the price of a FX 6300 you have a G3258 and a H81m-HDS that supports overclocking and being able to overclock to 4.x with the stock cooler. Want to overclock a 6300? You're paying more than a i5/H81 combo. Having low IPC affects your performance per clock as well, 500MHz hardly does anything to your performance on AMD. It's pretty much comparing a G3258 overclocked with a 6300 at stock because there's just no point paying an extra 50-70$ just to overclock it a lil bit when you can get a i5 for it.