What should CPU should i buy with the following specs?

Go to solution Solved by brownninja97,

So i wont even bother about broadwell?

if you wanna wait then you will get a marginally better cpu, thats about it. Its a situation time and time again where the hype is 100x bigger then the change.

Hello, i am building a new computer and i already got most of the parts planned out except for the CPU. I am in the middle of a debate, with myself, with either buying the G3258 Pentium and wait for the i7 Broadwell to come out or just buy the 4790k. I believe my motherboard will support Broadwell because it uses the Z97 Chipset.

Computer Parts

-CPU: Undecided

-GPU: GTX 780 (Bought)

-Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero (Bought)

-RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (Bought)

-PSU: Corsair RM850 (Bought)

-CASE: NZXT H440 (Bought)

-Cooling: Corsair H105i (Bought)

Would there be any significant improvement with Broadwell over the Haswell refresh, aka Devil's Canyon? The computer will be used for Gaming, Video Editing.

4790k or 4690k the new gen off z97 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

So i wont even bother about broadwell?

if you wanna wait then you will get a marginally better cpu, thats about it. Its a situation time and time again where the hype is 100x bigger then the change.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1