H100i noise levels

This seems to be a topic everyone has an opinion on but rarely do they coincide.

Ive watched videos with decibel meters saying the pump is quiet and barely audible through a closed case.

Ive seen peoples opinions vary from totally silent, to barely audible, to loud enough that you will hear it over your psu/video card/case fans and that an air cooler is noticeably quieter.

So H100i owners, I want your experienced opinions. Can you hear your pump? Do you consider a silent cooling solution or a noisy trade off for better cooling?

I can't hear my pump at all, it's worked pretty well for me for the last year or so with no problems (other than the mounting issues). Most people complaining about the pump noise probably have issues with their unit and need to return it.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Had one for 15 months until I had enough. Way too high pitched idle and under load. Change it to a Noctua NH-D15, much better now!

I never ever heard mine but in all fairness I only do mild over clocks for the sake of overclocking experience then go back to stock speeds after a while. Frankly I dont get how anyone can hear it when gpu fans are so loud. 

IMO it's pretty unacceptable how loud it is, people spend alot of money to get a good cooler so it shouldn't be that loud. Just get a good air cooler for the same performance, half the noise, save some money and no chance of failure.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s