Need some help deciding on what z97 motherb to get.

So i've been looking for sometime now for a z97 motherbord for the 4790k. I mostly game but i also overclock my hardware to get the most out of my pc. I have been thinking about the ASUS Z97-DELUXE and the ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO just not sure what too go for. Is the maximus a good enough card for some high overclocks or should i go for the Deluxe?

So i've been looking for sometime now for a z97 motherbord for the 4790k. I mostly game but i also overclock my hardware to get the most out of my pc. I have been thinking about the ASUS Z97-DELUXE and the ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO just not sure what too go for. Is the maximus a good enough card for some high overclocks or should i go for the Deluxe?

neither

they are really overpriced

any Z97 board can do OC

you are paying more for the ROG branding and useless features

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

neither

they are really overpriced

any Z97 board can do OC

you are paying more for the ROG branding and useless features

and sweet ass aesthetics and quality componentry

If you don't care about pricing get the sabertooth mark 1, that's what I'm getting :) looks kick ass.

Well my only problem with that is that they do not sell ASRock boards in Norway... We have one z97 ASRock board here and it's the ASRock Z97 OC Formula.

oh dude that sucks... :(, link me the site you're buying from

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Well my only problem with that is that they do not sell ASRock boards in Norway... We have one z97 ASRock board here and it's the ASRock Z97 OC Formula.

MSI or Gigabyte if available should do the trick.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

MSI or Gigabyte if available should do the trick.

Yeah i was thinking about the MSI Z97 MPOWER or MSI Z97 GAMING 7 aswell. They are 500kr cheaper so about 81 dollars cheaper. Then the deluxe atleast.

look at this MoBo its a pretty nice motherboard, i dont know if you would like the Gold theme xD

https://www.komplett.no/asus-z97-a-socket-1150/814897

Well i do not really care about the theme of the motherboard that much. Right now i have a red/black motherboard, white water tubes and tan and brown fans so yeah... Looks are not that important.

But yeah the mobo Looks just fine. It's just a scaled down deluxe i thing a bit fewer features.

Well i do not really care about the theme of the motherboard that much. Right now i have a red/black motherboard, white water tubes and tan and brown fans so yeah... Looks are not that important.

But yeah the mobo Looks just fine. It's just a scaled down deluxe i thing a bit fewer features.

Yea, but really who uses all the features asus advertises, only feature i like is the software overclock, would help a lot of people lol

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Yea, but really who uses all the features asus advertises, only feature i like is the software overclock, would help a lot of people lol

True true. I'll think some more about it. Thanks for the help  :)