Introducing the Nokia X2 - Microsoft's first Android smartphone

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://bgr.com/2014/06/24/nokia-x2-release-date-price-and-specs/

Source 2: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jaymcgregor/2014/06/24/nokia-x2-launches-with-low-price-and-bigger-screen/

Specs

-4.3" WVGA ClearBlack LCD display

-1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon 200

-1GB of RAM

-4GB of storage

-Micro-SD expansion (up to 32GB)

-15GB of OneDrive storage

-5MP camera

-VGA front-facing camera

-1,800mAh battery

-Dual-SIM

-Will cost €99 ($135, £80)

And I thought that the Moto E was the only smartphone worth getting at that low of a price. The original Nokia X smartphones that came before this X2 costs a little more, just saying. Either way, the Moto E has some very serious competition, and it's surprising that it's coming from Microsoft. Hopefully this is a sign that Microsoft will start making more Android phones in the near future, and hopefully we'll see some higher end devices come to the market.

Now, the only downfall that I can see with this phone is that I don't believe it comes with the Play Store installed. That's how the original Nokia X was, but since the X2 is running Android, I'm sure you'll be able to sideload the Play Store apk and install it manually. So it's not a big deal.

Anyways, thoughts on this phone?

nokia-x2-1.jpg?w=625

COMIC SANS

If this is the same one I just looked at on TechSpot, apparently the Lumia 520 is worlds better in pretty much everything.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

If this is the same one I just looked at on TechSpot, apparently the Lumia 520 is worlds better in pretty much everything.

Except the Lumia 520 runs Windows Phone OS, whereas the Nokia X2 runs Android.

COMIC SANS

Anyways, thoughts on this phone?

It's actually not bad for the price.

I think it's the X you're thinking about, this is the X2 http://www.techspot.com/news/57209-microsoft-launches-second-android-powered-smartphone-the-nokia-x2.html

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Seems alright I guess but only because of the price.

Even the Moto G is far better for not that much more. It's cool to see that what would have been considered high end 3 years ago is now available for 99 dollars.

By the way, I remember hearing a lot of negative reviews about the Nokia X, like how they have removed a bunch (if not all) Google stuff from it. So it's basically Android but without Google and other apps. Not sure if they have fixed it this time but if they haven't then the phone is useless and you'd be better off with something like the Lumia 520.

Not bad for the price, but surely it is better to go for a Moto E or Moto G.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

It's actually not bad for the price.

I think it's the X you're thinking about, this is the X2 http://www.techspot.com/news/57209-microsoft-launches-second-android-powered-smartphone-the-nokia-x2.html

Oh, right. These names are stupid.

Except the Lumia 520 runs Windows Phone OS, whereas the Nokia X2 runs Android.

I know. My mom has a Lumia 520. Takes better "macro" shots than her camera.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

4GB of internal storage is a bit less imo and would be great if this supports moving apps to SD. Guess they ditched their Z Launcher (or they might insert it later as a software update in the future once its stable).

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

4GB of internal storage is a bit less imo and would be great if this supports moving apps to SD. Guess they ditched their Z Launcher (or they might insert it later as a software update in the future once its stable).

The Z Launcher was made by the part of Nokia that WASN'T bought by Microsoft. So it isn't a Microsoft product, although it still would have been nice of them to use the Z Launcher for the X2.

As for moving apps to an SD card, I'm sure you'll be able to do this. It's been a feature since like...2.2 Froyo or 2.3 Gingerbread? Something like that. Either way, we'll find out once people start to get their hands on this phone.

COMIC SANS

MS: "How do we make the metro UI look even worst?.....Oh I've got it: NEON COLORS, RAD!" I'll make sure to buy a couple of broken ones to lay on the road as warning signs if the car gets busted.

-------

Current Rig

-------

MS: "How do we make the metro UI look even worst?.....Oh I've got it: NEON COLORS, RAD!" I'll make sure to buy a couple of broken ones to lay on the road as warning signs if the car gets busted.

I actually kind of like the look of the metro UI....

>.>

COMIC SANS

So are they using this as a ploy to get people into the windows phone interface so they can trick I mean sell them a windows os phone next time.