looking for a DAP with a lot of storage... Fiio X5?

hashtagswagarino

I personally think that it is anything but reasonable. The $350 doesn't even include any storage if I'm reading that correctly. You still have to buy your own storage. A Sansa and a 32GB or 64GB memory card is pretty hard to beat. 

Im planning on getting  some hifiman he-560s, I also recently picked up a pair of shure se846s

You can pick up 64gb sdxc on for like 30 bucks so if I get two of those brings the price up to about 400

I really like that I can use it as a external dac/amp with a usb connection to a computer as well.

Im planning on getting  some hifiman he-560s, I also recently picked up a pair of shure se846s

You can pick up 64gb sdxc on for like 30 bucks so if I get two of those brings the price up to about 400

I really like that I can use it as a external dac/amp with a usb connection to a computer as well.

FiiO doesn't even have that good of dacs/amps. I don't think it's worth it. If you're willing to overpay for it being in a single package then go for it but a sansa with a Fiio E11 or E12 is pretty much the same thing at half the price. 

Edit: With the money you save, you could get LCDs instead of the HE560! Although I'm not sure how hard they are to drive. 

Not enough storage though, I need 100GB plus+ of storage, If I didn't I'd just use my iphone 5s as my portable player.

Im not going to get into the objective/subjective debate of fiio's products not being that "good" but if you look at the measurements and components for this player (0.3ohm output impediance, top of the line TI DAC etc) I'm sure its a pretty good device sonically

Im not going to get into the objective/subjective debate of fiio's products not being that "good" but if you look at the measurements and components for this player (0.3ohm output impediance, top of the line TI DAC etc) I'm sure its a pretty good device sonically

So what was the point of making this thread?

So what was the point of making this thread?

"

looking for a DAP with a lot of storage... Fiio X5?"

Not enough storage though, I need 100GB plus+ of storage, If I didn't I'd just use my iphone 5s as my portable player.

Wonder if you hook up the iphone to one of those portable "battery + nas-like" products in the market... can't remember all off the top of my head.  Seagate, corsair (voyager?), kingston, Adata makes them...  I just remember I like the Adata one the best.  Linus did a bunch of reviews for them.  

Less device to manage.  I'm a music video person so these "dap" doesn't work for my entertainment anymore lol. 

edit: found one review of it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35410-adata-dashdrive-air-where-to-buy/

My Rigs (past and present)

Wonder if you hook up the iphone to one of those portable "battery + nas-like" products in the market... can't remember all off the top of my head.  Seagate, corsair (voyager?), kingston, Adata makes them...  I just remember I like the Adata one the best.  Linus did a bunch of reviews for them.  

Less device to manage.  I'm a music video person so these "dap" doesn't work for my entertainment anymore lol. 

edit: found one review of it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35410-adata-dashdrive-air-where-to-buy/

Just about to say the same thing. I even managed to hook up a USB external HDD to my ipad: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/151857-ipadidevice-mobile-audio-solutions-image-heavy/ so the external HDD acts as the data (songs) storage.

To OP, since you have the Iphone already, you could go that way (using external HDD, wired or wireless, hooked to your iphone). But yeah, if you already have the idea that X5 is perfect for you, then go for it....