Gaming headphones in 40-80 euros price range

Go to solution Solved by ROK,

The KIngston HyperX Cloud is a great headset for around $100.

Hey guys, first time posting here. Friend of mine has suggested me this awesome community :)

So, onwards to business. I am looking for a quality gaming headphones in the price range from 40 to as high as 80 euros(more expensive suggestions are also welcome).

To give you the sence of what kind of headphones I am looking for, I will provide an example of couple of attributes that matter to me:

- I would like the cuffs to be leather or some kind of softer cloth(which one feels more comfortable on the ear for the longer period of time). I have the steel series headphones that have woolen cuffs and they get quite warm and uncomfortable really quickly

- The cable should be little bit longer, since I plan to plug these on my tv from time to time while acting as a coach potato

- Sound quality should be above average. I am not a sound expert and I feel that I won't be able to tell the difference on the higher scale (I am really really sorry if I offended anybody here)

- Sound isolation. If I ever use these headphones near anybody, it would be nice to keep the sound leak on the minimum

- Overall comfort on the long period of time since I plan you use them a lot. I guess the durability can be added here also

Some optional attributes:

- Separate mic and audio jacks (not USB). But as I researched, there is a separate adapter that solves this issue - any feedback on the how good this works?

- Mic noise cancelattion would be a nice feature

- Above average mic record quality (again nothing fancy-schmancy, just a clear output)

I don't think there is a need for me to look into 7.1 or 5.1 headphones, since I plan to invest into a sound card in some near future. So I guess these can be 'filtered out'.

I apologize for this enormous wall of text :) I hope that I made some clarification on what kind of headphones am I looking for. These are the ones that I have researched, and I hope you can give me some opinions on them:

- Plantronics GAMECOM 380

- GENIUS Lychas HS-G550

- Logitech G230

Those fit into some reasonable price range in the stores of my country. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Cheers and thank you,

Marko

I had plantronics Gamecom 380 untill literally a week ago when I had to return them to repair them because: mic mute button stopped working,and mic picked up everything from headphone drivers, and sometimes sound would go crazy.... So I wouldn't recommend them...But do what you want your money. And 1 more thing I would just say it's better to get audiophile grade headphones and then a seperated mic.
If you still want headset I would recommend Kingston Hyperx cloud, never used them but heard nozhing but good stuff about them.  Link

The KIngston HyperX Cloud is a great headset for around $100.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

@Quantzer @ROK

These look quite good, thank you for the suggestion. The price range might be a problem though, since I can only find these for around 135 euros in the stores near me :/

@PokemonTrainerFour

Thank you for the suggestion! I found this Steel series head band thingy rather uncomfortable on my current headphones, but perhaps they improved. Will take a look at it for sure

@Quantzer @ROK

These look quite good, thank you for the suggestion. The price range might be a problem though, since I can only find these for around 135 euros in the stores near me :/

@PokemonTrainerFour

Thank you for the suggestion! I found this Steel series head band thingy rather uncomfortable on my current headphones, but perhaps they improved. Will take a look at it for sure

Order it from uk amazon its about 66.32 € when converted

Order it from uk amazon its about 66.32 € when converted

Yup. looking this option also, since I can see they are on discount. There is only one problem, Amazon doesn't ship to Serbia, at least according to the seller of the headphones. I will try to contact them and see if they make any sort of exceptions, because I can see Serbia on 'International delivery rates and times' page: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=11072981

Thank you for the feedback guys! After additional research, I have decided to buy Kingston HyperX Cloud :) Will post some impressions and pictures here after a few weeks ;)

Cheers and thank you for the help,

Marko

Thank you for the feedback guys! After additional research, I have decided to buy Kingston HyperX Cloud :) Will post some impressions and pictures here after a few weeks ;)

Marko

good choice! 

Marko

Great choice.

I got one the other day and am absolutely in love with it. I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Marko

Hey if it's not too late, look for Qpad QH90 or QH85 since they are the same thing and are usually cheaper in europe. The QH85 is open and the QH90 is closed. The Kingston is a rebrand of the QH90.

Hey if it's not too late, look for Qpad QH90 or QH85 since they are the same thing and are usually cheaper in europe. The QH85 is open and the QH90 is closed. The Kingston is a rebrand of the QH90.

I am buying from Amazon and the delivery is dirty cheap. Since HypeX Cloud ones are on discount, they are actually cheaper at the moment. Also, I can't find QH-90 or QH-85 through any reseller here :/

Nevertheless, thank you for the suggestion :)

I am buying from Amazon and the delivery is dirty cheap. Since HypeX Cloud ones are on discount, they are actually cheaper at the moment. Also, I can't find QH-90 or QH-85 through any reseller here :/

Nevertheless, thank you for the suggestion :)

I also decided to buy a pair of those a few days ago! :D They will be here in 2-3 days, I really am looking forward to check them out!

I also decided to buy a pair of those a few days ago! :D They will be here in 2-3 days, I really am looking forward to check them out!

Likewise! I will definitely post my impressions in the upcoming weeks. By the comments so far, it seems to me that these headphones really deserve some acknowledgement :)

Likewise! I will definitely post my impressions in the upcoming weeks. By the comments so far, it seems to me that these headphones really deserve some acknowledgement :)

Idk how, but the package shipped today, just a few hours ago.Long story short, this headphones are amazing!This is the first time I have a decent pair of headphones, but it really amazing!You will not regret your decision Im sure! :D

Idk how, but the package shipped today, just a few hours ago.Long story short, this headphones are amazing!This is the first time I have a decent pair of headphones, but it really amazing!You will not regret your decision Im sure! :D

That was quick! Glad to hear that! I have almost no doubt now that I will be *amazed* also :)

Okay guys, one noob question, since I have ordered from Amazon for the first time. They did not charge me the whole amount for the headphones, but in fact only couple of euros... does this mean I will get charged the rest of the amount when the item arrives or when it is dispatched and shipped?

Okay guys, one noob question, since I have ordered from Amazon for the first time. They did not charge me the whole amount for the headphones, but in fact only couple of euros... does this mean I will get charged the rest of the amount when the item arrives or when it is dispatched and shipped?

Um..that shouldn't have happened but I think Amazon reserves the right to correct the charge if it's wrong or you could get away with paying less. Normally, they charge you the full amount and then ship it like any other store. 

Um..that shouldn't have happened but I think Amazon reserves the right to correct the charge if it's wrong or you could get away with paying less. Normally, they charge you the full amount and then ship it like any other store. 

The payment was a little bit late, I guess I was just too impatient :) Thank you for the info

• 3 weeks later...

Great news guys!

The headphones have arrived a week ago and for this short period of time, I am completely pleased with the overall comfort, sound quality (although I am not an expert :)) and I really have no problems keeping them on my ears for the long period of time. They are light, really soft ear cushions (I haven't tried the cloth ones that came as an alternative, only the rubber ones that were on them) and it feels really good and what was one of the factors that I was looking: heat free. I haven't had any problems with my ears sweating and I wasn't hot (except for being handsome, yeah? no? *okay*) and uncomfortable. 

At first I thought that they were small and was quite worried will they even fit on my head(silly big headed me), but they actually fit as a glove, the upper part of the sponge that 'sits' on the head also feels really comfortable and it makes the headphones almost unnoticeable.

The cable itself has quite a length to it, and this was something that I was looking for also because I like to sit back on my couch, headphones connected and watch a movie or play a game.

I am also quite satisfied with the overall microphone quality, I had almost zero effort in making it work, it was rather amazing and friends tell me that the output quality is also good(again me and my friends are not experts, but for our standards, this was great).

I had only a week to test everything, but so far I feel that these headphones are here to stay :). I want to thank you guys once again, for helping me make a good choice and for being such an amazing community. I will most definitely turn for future advice here and hopefully manage to help people myself with these newly gained experience. :)

Thank you once again,

Marko

Corsair Raptor HS40!

Brilliant headset, and really comfortable, I may buy one my self

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

Corsair Raptor HS40!

Brilliant headset, and really comfortable, I may buy one my self

F2K8, thank you for the suggestion :) I have already bought Kingston HyperX Cloud and I am thoroughly satisfied, I am highly recommending it ;)