Nice laptops with SSD and a fast processor for hacking

Doxxy

I'm thinking a nice MSI one, so I can dualboot SteamOS and Kali Linux so I can do "CTF"s and Hack the Planet.  

I'm wanting a fast CPU because, obviously, fast bruteforcing/dictionary attacks.  

MSI also have 780Ms, so I can game / offload some stuff to that. 

What do you think?

Hey.

msi here used with BT4 ... run away from msi... worst company ever for laptops : programmed to die, weak Mobos and cheap plastics... 

but for a CnC, the ethernet chip is cool... else i'd say go for a clevo built by yourself.

Gaming Laptop :  MSI (worst brand ever in EU) GT70 0NC 48FR - I7 3610QM - 670M 3GB GDDR5 - 12GB 1600MHZ - raid0 2 x 64GB sandisk SSD - 750 Gb Hitachi 7200/min

Galaxy s3 GTI9300 international - Archidroid v2.5.3 (git) - 1600Mhz PegasuQ on ArchiKernel .

Do you already have a gaming PC ? I would only buy an ultrabook personnaly.

And you do know that most attacks (WPA2-PSK) can take multiple days without guarrantees right ? I don't see the practical use. A good processor will speed up the process but on one of my laptops with an i5 I estimated more than 48 hours to crack such a protection.

Of course if you're lucky you'll come across a WEP network and the password will be optained in less than 5 minutes :P

Possible scenario :

Bitches be like : I need Wi-Fi.

You : I can hook you up with some Wi-FI, it'll only maybe take 36 hours.

????

Profit.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Do you already have a gaming PC ? I would only buy an ultrabook personnaly.

And you do know that most attacks (WPA2-PSK) can take multiple days without guarrantees right ? I don't see the practical use. A good processor will speed up the process but on one of my laptops with an i5 I estimated more than 48 hours to crack such a protection.

Of course if you're lucky you'll come across a WEP network and the password will be optained in less than 5 minutes :P

Possible scenario :

Bitches be like : I need Wi-Fi.

You : I can hook you up with some Wi-FI, it'll only maybe take 36 hours.

????

Profit.

Yeah, I have a gaming PC.

But I want it for on-the-go.

I don't want to go to Costa for the first and last time in my life just to grab a key just to send it home to myself to use a better cracker just so I can get into it and MiTM.

And yes, I know it can take days.

Public WiFis are free/WEP anyway, so.. yea.

Hey.

You can "hack" on a mobile... you don't need anything major hardware wise. unless you are brute forcing something. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)