Just bought a smart phone

MetalDevil

Heya there, first topic on this forum, not sure how things work around here, hopefully not breaking any rules.

So I just bought my first.. well second, but I want to forget the horrors of that LG device.. smart phone, I decided to go with a Galaxy S4, and I like it thus far, I actually really like the S training app, I actually do more things to get goals on how much calories I use and how many steps I make, which I find really freaking cool, just how it tracks your steps is amazing, but that, watching youtube videos and being on reddit is all I did on the phone, no gaming, no exploring, so I have a question, does anyone have any tips and tricks for the S4 like good apps to download, maybe ways to make the battery life longer? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I got the one with leather back panel and it looks stylish as F, also took some screenshots because I've never had such a powerful camera; http://imgur.com/a/AEAgu

Again, not sure if these threads are allowed, just came here from the latest WAN show.

WELCOME : D

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Weeeeeeeclome to the fourm!

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

You could look at installing a custom ROM to increase the battery life. From my understanding, Samsung loads a fair amount of extra stuff into the OS, so switching to a custom one should lighten it up and make it a bit faster and nicer to use.

Also, welcome!

136354012797.gif

I don't know of any app specifically for your phone, but I use Atom Launcher for my Moto X and it's pretty neat. It has a very minimalistic look and adds a bit more instant-functionality to the homescreen in some very non-bulky buttons (backlight brightness, wi-fi on/off, bluetooth on/off, etc..)

Do you use the Reddit Now app, OP?

'ELLO and welcome

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I'd recommend flashing a custom ROM. ParanoidAndroid or CyanogenMod are the two 'best,' in my opinion. TouchWiz is borderline unmentionable.

Woah, thank you for the warm welcome guys!

And I thought about the custom ROMs but I'm really afraid of ruining anything, but I will try it, not just yet so if I break anything I will have a good time with it first, maybe in a month.

:o there's leather backs? I need me one of thems.

Welcome.

Infreakingdeed there are! got myself this one: http://www.mobileshop.eu/mobile-phones/samsung/galaxy-s4-leather-edition-i9506/ only that at a mobile store near me with a contract so it was cheaper.

I don't know of any app specifically for your phone, but I use Atom Launcher for my Moto X and it's pretty neat. It has a very minimalistic look and adds a bit more instant-functionality to the homescreen in some very non-bulky buttons (backlight brightness, wi-fi on/off, bluetooth on/off, etc..)

Do you use the Reddit Now app, OP?

There is an app for reddit? Holy crap no, thank you wow, I constantly missclick links on there, it wasn't once that I mistakingly clicked a NSFW gif in class.

There is an app for reddit? Holy crap no, thank you wow, I constantly missclick links on there, it wasn't once that I mistakingly clicked a NSFW gif in class.

There's two major ones, but the Reddit Now app is the better of them IMO because it looks like an actual mobile, touch-friendly app.

And I did that one time in class, but it was just a jpg. I didn't read the NSFW tag before I touched it (that sounds dirty).

There's two major ones, but the Reddit Now app is the better of them IMO because it looks like an actual mobile, touch-friendly app.

And I did that one time in class, but it was just a jpg. I didn't read the NSFW tag before I touched it (that sounds dirty).

Hey man thanks, I will download the Reddit Now app, had no idea it had it's own app, seems like I don't need Google Chrome as much now, btw is there any better browser or is Chrome the best?

Hey man thanks, I will download the Reddit Now app, had no idea it had it's own app, seems like I don't need Google Chrome as much now, btw is there any better browser or is Chrome the best?

I haven't used another mobile browser other than Chrome, so I couldn't comment on that, haha.

I haven't used another mobile browser other than Chrome, so I couldn't comment on that, haha.

Yeah I can see that, I mean using a different browser on a mostly google branded device would be silly..

I too would flash a clean rom. Launchers can only do so much and some (thinking of go launcher) may even slow down your phone even more.

If you want to save data (possibly battery life, too) you should use Opera browser beta:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opera.browser.beta

It's also much faster than Chrome, Dolphin or Firefox.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

You can download a Launcher to get rid of TouchWiz, and these don't require rooting the device. I'd probably go that way if you're afraid of breaking something.

There are some pretty cool ones out there.

Your pictures are beautiful! Makes me really miss living out in the country.

Welcome to the forum :)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red