Pc turns on, then turns off and than turns on again without displaying something

jackninja1
Go to solution Solved by jackninja1,

So yeah I unplugged and plugged my cables like ten times, took my whole rig apart. And in the end a ragefist to da table made it work. Seriously I hit the table and the pc booted and it is working now.

It was probibly a bad cableconnection or a cable that is broken. If you have the same problems as I did try to check the connections of your pc, like your powercable.

Thanks for everyone that helped me you guys are great!

Guys i have a problem

When i turn my pc on it does not show a thing it does not show the bios, then after 4 seconds it turns itself off and on again and stays on without displaying anything.

I have already tried an other grapics card and it does not help.

What could be the problem?

My specs:

Asus P5E3 Deluxe

Socket 775 proccessor

Saphire 6850

i read on one other forum that someone had the same thing going on and it was a ( bad power switch )

if you want to test your power supply . here is a nice video on how to test it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXgQSokF4&feature=player_embedded

i would unhook all your drives and see if the bios comes up
a link that may help

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbysymptom/ht/pconthenoff.htm

How about the rest of the system..do your case fans spin. cpu fan as well, do the HDD's spin..how about the activity lights..any beep codes..? does your monitor have a power on light/signal received light ..? 

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

HDD spins and works just fine, cpu fan and other casefans alse work just fine, the led indicator on the mobo lights up as it always does. The display also works and is turned on correctly etc.

OK..How about any Beep codes..restart after each check

.check the psu 24 pin and 8 pin power..

Only have the Primary HDD attached.Unplug all the others from the MB..and PSU

have a look at the DIMMs..check that they are seated OK..clean the contacts..very very gently with a eraser..only if they look like they need it .

If this still has no positive effect

than clear the BIOS

One short beep= VGA detected Quick boot set to disabled No keyboard detected
One continuous beep followed by two short beeps then a pause (repeated)= No memory detected
One continuous beep followed by three short beeps= No VGA detected
One continuous beep followed by four short beeps =Hardware component failure

Yeaah my pc doesnt have any beepcodes so there is that. I really want to thank all of you for your help, when i manage to make my pc work i will try to help other people on this forum.

I will post when something has happend, thank you all so much.

So yeah I unplugged and plugged my cables like ten times, took my whole rig apart. And in the end a ragefist to da table made it work. Seriously I hit the table and the pc booted and it is working now.

It was probibly a bad cableconnection or a cable that is broken. If you have the same problems as I did try to check the connections of your pc, like your powercable.

Thanks for everyone that helped me you guys are great!

Glad you have your answer.. :) ..thanks for letting us know..LOL..why can't I fix stuff with my fist.. :P

Another update just to help the people who read this that have the same problem as I did. I ran some tests with another psu after my pc fell out again and started that weird boot problem again. The new psu fixed the problem totally, so what I advise you to do is to check your setup with another psu if that is possible, I tested my psu and when I did it worked but it probably had a cable disconnection so the psu itself wasnt broken the cables were. So make shure to test your setup with another psu if thats possible.

Another update just to help the people who read this that have the same problem as I did. I ran some tests with another psu after my pc fell out again and started that weird boot problem again. The new psu fixed the problem totally, so what I advise you to do is to check your setup with another psu if that is possible, I tested my psu and when I did it worked but it probably had a cable disconnection so the psu itself wasnt broken the cables were. So make shure to test your setup with another psu if thats possible.