Best Litecoin and Bitcoin Settings and Programs

I was wondering what the best programs and settings are for 1 7970 to start off with and then 2 after that. I would greatly appreciate your help with the best programs and settings for bitcoin and litecoin respectively. Thanks guys. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

For the best settings go to litecoin mining wiki, or what was it called (you can easealy google it) and whach for HW stat in cgminer, it means that that share got corrupted by hardware failure, so you should keep that number to 0

I will give it a try tomorrow night and see how it all runs. Thanks guys.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

For Litecoins I use Reaper.

For Litecoins I use Reaper.

Is it any good and easy to set up.

I use reaper some as well, I couldn't get cgminer to work right on my windows 8 machine so I use reaper on that machine. It works well enough, but sometimes it has problems with crashing after running for a period of time. It also uses much more machine memory per card and is generally less efficient.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

I have just been trying to use cgminer and after i put in my account username and password it just sits there

I prefer cgminer for Litecoin, it is really easy to use and tune your cards to get the most out of them.

Go to this page search for 7970 and try out some of the configurations until you find the best for your rig.

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!

I have just been trying to use cgminer and after i put in my account username and password it just sits there

you have to create a .bat file that will contain all the settings you want cgminer to use for each card

Looking around,

you have to create a .bat file that will contain all the settings you want cgminer to use for each card

I am new to this how do i do that 

This is an example of the flags that you can set in cgminer, this are the setting I use for my 7950 since you have x2 7970's yours will look different so use this only as a guide. [DO NOT RUN THIS CODE] 

color 02cgminer.exe --scrypt -o xxxxx.xxx:AAAA -u QQQQ.1 -p zzzz --intensity 13 --thread-concurrency xxxx --worksize 256

explain:

color 02 ___ set background to black / words to green.

cgminer.exe ___ starts cgminer program.

--scrypt ___ tells cgminer that you want to mine litecoin or scrypt base crytocurrency.

-o xxxxx:aaaa ___ Pool url goes here [url:port]

-u QQQQ.1 ___ miner name goes here (not your pool log in username) [minername.#]

-p zzzz ___ miner password

--intensity ___ this tell cgminer how hard to push your card range [8-20]

--shaders ___ the amount of shaders your gpu have

--thread-concurrency ___ this overwrite the shaders value (do some research, this value changes a lot you need to find the best one for you)

--worksize ____ not really sure, normaly set to 256

this are the basic, as for create the .bat file just open the notepad, type in the code, save as, name the file whatever you want and put .bat in the end.

done

there are more flags to overclock your cards directly from cgminer but try to run them at stock first and work your way up.

hope this helps!

Looking around,

This is an example of the flags that you can set in cgminer, this are the setting I use for my 7950 since you have x2 7970's yours will look different so use this only as a guide. [DO NOT RUN THIS CODE] 

color 02cgminer.exe --scrypt -o xxxxx.xxx:AAAA -u QQQQ.1 -p zzzz --intensity 13 --thread-concurrency xxxx --worksize 256

explain:

color 02 ___ set background to black / words to green.

cgminer.exe ___ starts cgminer program.

--scrypt ___ tells cgminer that you want to mine litecoin or scrypt base crytocurrency.

-o xxxxx:aaaa ___ Pool url goes here [url:port]

-u QQQQ.1 ___ miner name goes here (not your pool log in username) [minername.#]

-p zzzz ___ miner password

--intensity ___ this tell cgminer how hard to push your card range [8-20]

--shaders ___ the amount of shaders your gpu have

--thread-concurrency ___ this overwrite the shaders value (do some research, this value changes a lot you need to find the best one for you)

--worksize ____ not really sure, normaly set to 256

this are the basic, as for create the .bat file just open the notepad, type in the code, save as, name the file whatever you want and put .bat in the end.

done

there are more flags to overclock your cards directly from cgminer but try to run them at stock first and work your way up.

hope this helps!

Ok thanks for this is there anywhere where I can get simple code for my 7970. 

I prefer cgminer for Litecoin, it is really easy to use and tune your cards to get the most out of them.

Go to this page search for 7970 and try out some of the configurations until you find the best for your rig.

go to the page I linked,, there are many you may try for reference but at last you will have to tune your system because this settings depends on the combination of hardware you have.

In that page you will fine combinations of core/mem clock speeds, to set them in the .bat file you need to use:

--gpu-memclock xxxx 

--gpu-engine xxxx

use these with care, this flags will overclock or downclock your card.. btw you may want to start running 1 card

and I recommend that you keep an eye on your card temp at all time. 

PG.-

Looking around,

go to the page I linked,, there are many you may try for reference but at last you will have to tune your system because this settings depends on the combination of hardware you have.

In that page you will fine combinations of core/mem clock speeds, to set them in the .bat file you need to use:

--gpu-memclock xxxx 

--gpu-engine xxxx

use these with care, this flags will overclock or downclock your card.. btw you may want to start running 1 card

and I recommend that you keep an eye on your card temp at all time. 

PG.-

is there no place where i can just make one of these easily using a template.

Sure there is, check this ONE you may need to change the "url"  for your pool and this will not set flags for overclock.

you may want to search for cgEasy (it is a helpful program).

Looking around,

Sure there is, check this ONE you may need to change the "url"  for your pool and this will not set flags for overclock.

cant i just overclock the card myself in gpu tweak anyway

How do I get cgminer to run the bat file I just made then. 

cant i just overclock the card myself in gpu tweak anyway

You can do that if you like.

How do I get cgminer to run the bat file I just made then. 

just move the .bat file to your cgminer folder and open the .bat file.

or

you can have the .bat file anywhere in your pc but you will have to point it to your cgmioner folder using the something like this

cd [cgminer path] 

cd C:\Users\pGuerrero\Desktop\cgminer 3.1.0cgminer.exe --scrypt ...........................................................

Looking around,

You can do that if you like.

just move the .bat file to your cgminer folder and open the .bat file.

or

you can have the .bat file anywhere in your pc but you will have to point it to your cgmioner folder using the something like this

cd [cgminer path] 

cd C:\Users\pGuerrero\Desktop\cgminer 3.1.0cgminer.exe --scrypt ...........................................................

Ok I have made the .bat file and put it in my cgminer folder and when I click it it loads and just asks for my url username for the worker and then the password and after i put those in it just closes what have I done wrong. Thanks.

Ok I have made the .bat file and put it in my cgminer folder and when I click it it loads and just asks for my url username for the worker and then the password and after i put those in it just closes what have I done wrong. Thanks.

This is all that you need to have in your .bat file. Replace the pool and port with the one you are using, and enter your WORKER username and password. You should not have to manually enter any information after running this file. These are the settings that I run for my 7970s.

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o netcodepool.org:8337 -u AK049xxx -p xxxx --thread-concurrency 8192 --shaders 2048 --intensity 13 --worksize 256 -g 2

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

This is all that you need to have in your .bat file. Replace the pool and port with the one you are using, and enter your WORKER username and password. You should not have to manually enter any information after running this file. These are the settings that I run for my 7970s.

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o netcodepool.org:8337 -u AK049xxx -p xxxx --thread-concurrency 8192 --shaders 2048 --intensity 13 --worksize 256 -g 2

what cg miner version should I use. 

what cg miner version should I use. 

The last one, 3.1.1, I think.

Edited by pGuerrerox

Looking around,

ProGearUk, on 18 May 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:snapback.png

This is all that you need to have in your .bat file. Replace the pool and port with the one you are using, and enter your WORKER username and

I think you are opening cgminer.exe but you need to open the .bat file

Edited by pGuerrerox

Looking around,

I got it to work but the only problem is that on cgminer it says i am getting anywhere between 600 and 700 k/hash a second and on the website for the pool I am using it says I am only getting 7 k/hash a second. Does anybody know why this is.m