Asus z97 Deluxe vs Maximus VII Hero

Hey guys,

I have a little question for you. I don't want to start a war with it but: Which one of these two motherboards is the better choice for overall performance like gaming, Audio, Tools, SLI and stuff.
Because I searched for hours now but I haven't found any real comparison between the Deluxe board and the ROG series of z97 boards.

They are pretty similair in therms of features. The only real thing is that the Deluxe can do three way Crossfire and the Hero only 2 way. I'd get the Hero as it's cheaper and looks better. 

They pretty much do the same thing. I'd just go for the one that suits everything you want. The Deluxe has WiFi whereas the Maximus Hero VII doesn't. The Deluxe also comes with various features that are useful but don't contribute to gaming. On top of all that the Deluxe is also quite expensive in comparison to the Hero VII.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

The hero vII is cheaper and looks better and there is no real difference in gaming

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

They are pretty similair in therms of features. The only real thing is that the Deluxe can do three way Crossfire and the Hero only 2 way. I'd get the Hero as it's cheaper and looks better. 

What about that 5-way-optimization thing with the fan control. It's only mentioned for the Deluxe by Asus. But some people claim it's also available for the hero. I was getting pretty confused.

What about that 5-way-optimization thing with the fan controll stuff. It's only mentioned for the Deluxe by Asus. But some people claim it's also available for the hero. I was getting pretty confused.

5 way is available on all asus boards

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Hey guys,

I have a little question for you. I don't want to start a war with it but: Which one of these two motherboards is the better choice for overall performance like gaming, Audio, Tools, SLI and stuff.

Because I searched for hours now but I haven't found any real comparison between the Deluxe board and the ROG series of z97 boards.

I would spend even less.  All Asus motherboards are made with the same material, so in terms of build quality, they are all the same.  Motherboard doesn't impact performance, its all about what feature set they come with, and those two motherboards you have selected are premium motherboards with premium features you will likely never use. 

Buy an Asus Z87/97-A and you will be very pleased.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Hey guys,

OP try looking at the Asus Z97 Pro all the features of the deluxe but with a 12 phase power design rather than 16 phase, and its cheaper than both the deluxe and the hero!