Fanless general purpose PC

Go to solution Solved by Andrej,

Agree about temperatures and TIM together.

Why not completely fanless PSU? - Corsair RM series uses sound optimized components, which creates close to zero noise, totally fanless PSU, like seasonic have electrical noise,heard the opposite although is a NEW model...  fairly audible at close distance / and the second reason - some hotter summer days ambient goes up to 35 Celsius - fan is a overheat ensurance. That fanless PSUs are high wattage PSU but offered at 400-520 W ._. No overheat, also improved for passive cooling

So, please, tell me how RAM latency affects iGPU? I had no idea about that kind of issue? Most demanding task planned to perform - 1080p video playback at high bitrates. Oh then ok :)

Sound card - yes, i need amping my DT-990 pro, and  i need clean linear output, without blowing up my budget. (otherwise i would prefer JDS labs limited O2 dac/amp) Just get an amp...

PSU - well, i agree, may be fanless, if my budget will allow, (850 EUR).

I`m still planing to build a SILENT, not quiet, pc for music/video playback, Internet surfing. What can you tell me about that parts? I heard that GA-H97-D3H is a very robust MB, especially in very low airflow situations?, and is a FX-100 fine enough to cool non OC I3-4360 55w TDP cpu in Mechatron case in moderate usage - no gaming involved (ambient 25-28 Celsius.)

http://www.dateks.lv/grozs.php?content=q1ZKL8qvKlayqlayMDQ2MQIxirMTM0uAQoa1OkrmpoaYghamRsbm6IKWBqYmJpiCJljMtDQxxTTT0swMm0oLDDMtjEzNjVEFa2sB

grozs1.php

post-71957-0-44325000-1403175901.jpg

grozs1.php

post-71957-0-44325000-1403175901.jpg

Should be fine looking to get one myself to cool a g3220

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2013/03/08/zalman-fx100-cube-review/3

I would suggest perhaps looking for a case that has great natural ventilation on top of the case, so that the hot air can rise up out the case (the one you chose looks like ti does)

You could always add a single intake/exhaust noctua running at like 800rps, it would be near as inaudible and improve perofrmance

But as long as the computer is not being OCd or overly stressed it should be fine

Not sure on the MOBO, perhaps look at one of the boards with thermal armour? or maybe some of the boards with military grade hardware like Msi/Asus, but I am no expert here, I am sure it would be just fine though , it should not be getting THAT hot

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I think you should get a nuc for what u want with this system also that sound card is a complete waste of money unless u have high impedance headphones.

I've a G3220... It's hot to be a pentium... 53 ºC full load on a... Freezer 7 PRO Rev. 2 with MX-4

the G2130 is about similar and only reaches 38 ºC on stock at full load... so You'd look at the refresh of the 3220 :P

Hmm mine is in a file server so its probably never in 1000000 years going to be at full load

I think you should get a nuc for what u want with this system also that sound card is a complete waste of money unless u have high impedance headphones.

Actually a great idea

NUC / Mac Mini would be great  (or even that new iMac that comes with an i3..just saying)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

G3220 - 53W TDP, I3-4360 - 54W TDP so the heat output is the same, for a sub 60w, this is the best cpu. // Well, yes i have a beyerdinamic DT-990 pro, 250 Ohms headphones and an external integrated amp with full size stereo speakers. // I`m planing to keep front intake 200mm fan and configure it to start only when cpu breaches 70 Celsius. // Corsair RM-450 will not start to spin with load under 40% (180W), considering that whole system maxed out will not go beyond 120W.

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

G3220= haswell, old TIM, confirmed that mine has thermal chamber issue

i3 4360= haswell REFRESH, no way it will reach 70 ºC...

Fanless PSU is 40 € more than your planned PSU... but's 460 W 80+ platinum, which will give you gap for upgrades :): http://www.dateks.lv/cenas/73/77061_seasonic_x_460fl2_460w_80_platinum.php

Also why CL10 for 1600 MHZ? I don't see any dedicated GPU, that latency is going to hurt iGPU performance

um... sound card?

Why not completely fanless PSU? - Corsair RM series uses sound optimized components, which creates close to zero noise, totally fanless PSU, like seasonic have electrical noise, fairly audible at close distance / and the second reason - some hotter summer days ambient goes up to 35 Celsius - fan is a overheat ensurance.

So, please, tell me how RAM latency affects iGPU? I had no idea about that kind of issue? Most demanding task planned to perform - 1080p video playback at high bitrates.

Sound card - yes, i need amping my DT-990 pro, and  i need clean linear output, without blowing up my budget. (otherwise i would prefer JDS labs limited O2 dac/amp)

This might be overkill, but for a silent pc, choose the NZXT H440 case :)

A fanless cpu cooler is good and silent, but you can buy a cheaper one and still fell the silence ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Instead of an internal sound card I would look at one of the Fiio USB ones, I don't know which one atm since they seem to have changed the lineup but people used to recommend the E10.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Why not completely fanless PSU? - Corsair RM series uses sound optimized components, which creates close to zero noise, totally fanless PSU, like seasonic have electrical noise,heard the opposite although is a NEW model...  fairly audible at close distance / and the second reason - some hotter summer days ambient goes up to 35 Celsius - fan is a overheat ensurance. That fanless PSUs are high wattage PSU but offered at 400-520 W ._. No overheat, also improved for passive cooling

So, please, tell me how RAM latency affects iGPU? I had no idea about that kind of issue? Most demanding task planned to perform - 1080p video playback at high bitrates. Oh then ok :)

Sound card - yes, i need amping my DT-990 pro, and  i need clean linear output, without blowing up my budget. (otherwise i would prefer JDS labs limited O2 dac/amp) Just get an amp...

PSU - well, i agree, may be fanless, if my budget will allow, (850 EUR).