Creating My Own Fan Hub?

Aleks

Does anybody know where I can find a tutorial on how to make a fan hub for my personal rig? I am really interested in making one of these, thanks!

I dont think you will be able to find fan headers that will work on a generic PCB. mate :/

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

I dont think you will be able to find fan headers that will work on a generic PCB. mate :/

Really? I always hear from people that making your own fan hub is really easy.

oh sorry mate. i found some after 2 minutes of searching. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-Pcs-Single-Row-3-Pin-3-96mm-Pitch-PCB-Header-Connector-Socket-/390862812372?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item5b013d34d4&_uhb=1. but basically just buy a pcb, solder how many of those you want and hook it up to a master one where the power will come from. Get variable resistors and intercept the circuit with it if you want fan control

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

I've made splitters from speaker wire and low noise adapters. I'm sure with some wire, a surface, hot glue gun, and connectors; it could be done fairly straight forward. I would use a molex for power and you could posibly add in a potentiometer? for control. Good luck.

EDIT: A de-pinning kit comes in handy as well.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

oh sorry mate. i found some after 2 minutes of searching. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-Pcs-Single-Row-3-Pin-3-96mm-Pitch-PCB-Header-Connector-Socket-/390862812372?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item5b013d34d4&_uhb=1. but basically just buy a pcb, solder how many of those you want and hook it up to a master one where the power will come from. Get variable resistors and intercept the circuit with it if you want fan control

Sweet, thanks man!

I've made splitters from speaker wire and low noise adapters. I'm sure with some wire, a surface, hot glue gun, and connectors; it could be done fairly straight forward. I would use a molex for power and you could posibly add in a potentiometer? for control. Good luck.

EDIT: A de-pinning kit comes in handy as well.

Great, I'll check those out! Thanks!

Seems like a fun project. I should try that out.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

If you don't need them to be PWM controllable, then it's just a simple electric circuit. 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.