H440 Watercooling Build

Planning my next build  

Hey Guys I'm having a hard time deciding what parts to put into my new computer. I'm going to be reusing some of my components from my current build in this build to save some cash. I have a budget of $2500 for everything I'm hoping the parts will cost less so I can get some games or a new keyboard. All the parts that are highlighted in red mean that they have to be in the build; other than that all the other parts are open to being changed. I'm going for a black and red build, so keep that in mind please. 

CPU:

i7-4770k

Motherboard: 

Asus Maximus VI Formula 

• Anything Black and Red, I just picked this Asus board because it looks beautiful 

RAM:

ADATA XPG V1.0 16 (2x8GB)

• Downloadfreeram.com It's RAM so it mehh 

GPU:

Asus R9 290X-DC20C    PowerColor LCS AXR9 290X (Waterblock Pre-installed) *Credits to Dragoon20005

• I'm gaming at 1440p and AMD graphic cards tend to preform better at higher resolutions. But if you guys think a nVidia card is better please suggest it. But also remember if you change the GPU please remember I have to change the GPU waterblock as well. If you have a suggestion for any GPUs with pre-installed waterblocks that look nice please suggest those too.

Case:

NZXT H440

• I want to be able to see my reservoir and idk how I'm going to do that with the HDD cover on the H440. Any suggestions where to put the pump/res?  

Storage:

Samsung Spinpoint M8 1TB 2.5"

Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (From Current Build)

• I'm not sure but I believe if I put a 360mm rad in the front of the case I can't put any 3.5" HDD in my computer, so I am forced to use 2.5" laptop HDDs 

PSU:

NZXT Hale82 V2 700W

• For the PSU I need something with clean cables, I don't want to sleeve them myself or spend $70 for the custom cables that Corsair makes for their PSUs. 

Cooling:

PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 3/8"ID x 1/2" OD - Bloodshed Red                

XSPC G1/4" Thread 3/8" ID x 1/2" OD Low Profile Compression Fitting - Black Chrome    

XSPC Photon 170 Tube Glass Cylinder Reservoir / Pump Combo  

• I'm not sure where I want to put the Pump/Res because I want to be able to see it. So if you have a suggestion on where I should put it, that would be great or; you can just suggest a different pump and res.           

XSPC RayStorm High Performance Acetal CPU Liquid Cooling Block 

• If you like a different CPU Block suggest it

EK MSI / Gigabyte Radeon R9-290X VGA Liquid Cooling Block Rev 2.0

• If you have a suggestion for any GPUs with pre-installed waterblocks that look nice please suggest those too. 

EK R9-290X DCII VGA Liquid Cooling RAM Backplate (EK-FC R9-290X DCII Backplate - Black)

• Just need a clean backplate

Radiators:

• For the radiators the H440 can fit a 360mm or 280mm at the top and the front can fit the exact same sizes. Please suggest where you think I should put the radiators. 

XSPC EX360 Triple 120mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator 

• Any 360mm Rad that will fit                              

Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Dual 120mm Radiator

• Any 240mm Rad that will fit 

nice watercooling build 

but i will drop the Asus R9 290X-DCII OC GPU for Powercolor or Sapphire variants

EK do carry compatible blocks for the PowerColor PCS+ and Sapphire Vapor-X 

reason being the PowerColor and Sapphire versions of the 290X will clock much higher than the Asus

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

nice watercooling build 

but i will drop the Asus R9 290X-DCII OC GPU for Powercolor or Sapphire variants

EK do carry compatible blocks for the PowerColor PCS+ and Sapphire Vapor-X 

reason being the PowerColor and Sapphire versions of the 290X will clock much higher than the Asus

Thanks for this, Powercolor makes a 290X with a waterblock preinstalled for $700; overall it will save me about $50

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131568

Thanks for this, Powercolor makes a 290X with a waterblock preinstalled for $700; overall it will save me about $50

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131568

good idea

go for that save you the trouble of fixing the waterblock yourself

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

If you have space, you could put the res on top of the PSU cover thingy :D just my 2 cents I have no idea about water-cooling lol

Loving the build though! Can't wait to see a build log! :D

If you have space, you could put the res on top of the PSU cover thingy :D just my 2 cents I have no idea about water-cooling lol

Loving the build though! Can't wait to see a build log! :D

Yea ideally that's where I want to put it so it could be shown off in all of its glory but, right now that is the only spot where I can mount my SSD and HDD. 

I just finished built up my water cooling rig using H440 case...love the case, look awesome...black and red theme...