Nikon D5300 vs Canon's with Magic Lantern?

So, I wanna start to work as a videographer and I've been eye-balling the D5300. I know... Nikon for video? Srsly? But I've been doing some research and the results of various comparisons have been quite impressive. The D5200 has a bigger dynamic range and far better moire and aliasing than the 700d (besides the smaller crop factor) . The D5300 must have a worse moire behavior because of the lack of AA filter, but it brings the 60fps to the table (something unavailable on the canon side). The only things that make me think about the canon side are: The lens I can use (due to the more versatile lens mount, cheaper lens and the possibility to carry the lens to other systems like the red's, canon's cinema line and blackmagic's cameras) and Magic Lantern.

What I want to know is: What kind of things can Magic Lantern improve on the Rebel line or on the 60d? Can it push the fps to 60 or more without going to 720p? Can it make the same improvements that it brought to the 5d mk3?(like hdr video and over full HD raw)? Are there other things that makes Nikon's worse for video besides the aperture lock?

Ps: I'm not looking at BlackMagic's Pocket Cinema Camera because I want to take pictures with my camera and because of the simply OBSCENE crop factor.

If this is your first DSLR I would recommend the D5300. In terms of canon having cheap lenses is not true at all. Both teams are expensive. But If you already know your way around video equipment then go for something like the blackmagic. But if this is for professional use I'd consider more research and consider the factors such as ease of use during a shoot. You don't want to fumble around the technical stuff when you are on location.

I use Magic Lantern on my T3i and I found it to be very usefull.  Rather than me listing out the features you can just look at them here.  Now your not going to get RAW or 1080p 60fps on the T3i or 60d because of SD card limitation, but you can up the bit rate a little bit for a slight quality improvement when running audio and if you turn of the audio you can crank the bitrate up for some pertty good looking video.

Honestly I think you would be perfectly fine picking Canon or Nikon and it's really down to whether you want the extra features from Magic Lantern or the better photo or video quality from the Nikons.