Nintendo should restructure

79wjd

Nintendo should continue to keep their games proprietary on handhelds, and continue to develop new handhelds; BUT stop making consoles, and start to license their games out to be used on pc, playstation, xbox. 

Thoughts?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Nintendo should NOT stop making consoles, there is money to be made in the console market. What they should do is get their shit together and make a console thats actually viable on the market.

Stop rehashing games and begin bringing new titles that can appeal to a broader audience(not saying their current ones don't).

Their profit margin is getting weaker by the year because of failure to successfully monetize their products.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Nintendo should continue to keep their games proprietary on handhelds, and continue to develop new handhelds; BUT stop making consoles, and start to license their games out to be used on pc, playstation, xbox. 

Thoughts?

Yup. They don't make a lot on console sales even when they sell them. This would only widen their market. And they can cut out on the production and R&D.

But from a personal standpoint I want them to make a GOOD console that is good for the family. That actually has games.

Nintendo should NOT stop making consoles, there is money to be made in the console market. What they should do is get their shit together and make a console thats actually viable on the market.

Stop rehashing games and begin bringing new titles that can appeal to a broader audience(not saying their current ones don't).

Their profit margin is getting weaker by the year because of failure to successfully monitize their products.

I agree there is a lot to make off of consoles, but I feel like it would be a lot more beneficial to just make that money off of the games and stop wasting money on r&d.

The issue is the market its targeted at. The xbox and playstation already have a massive lead in serious games. The only thing that saves the wii is the low cost. If they make it more comparable with ps4/xbone then it will be too expensive, especially when you realize that most nintendo games are targeted for a younger audience--an audience, which is probably more likely to buy a handset anyway--as one they won't have control of a family tv, and two they won't have the attention span to go without a handheld. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I agree there is a lot to make off of consoles, but I feel like it would be a lot more beneficial to just make that money off of the games and stop wasting money on r&d.

Backing off the console market leaves them with what platform to play games made from nintendo on? Just the handhelds would be left, thats a major hit to to the company and would not be good for their investors.

I'd even go as far to say they might want to start kicking some people off the R&D to and replacing them with people who have a different take on consoles. They no doubt have the ability to make a decently powerful console that can compete with the big two. If they can manage to widen the scope of the games their systems support then they should be able to drag in more sales and rebuild their customer base.

They'd really be taking a step down if they toss their console cycle away, from a investors point of view anyway.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Backing off the console market leaves them with what platform to play games made from nintendo on? Just the handhelds would be left, thats a major hit to to the company and would not be good for their investors.

Like I said, they should license out their games for playstation, pc, xbox

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

That's the most retarded thing I have ever read. The WiiU is amazing. All the Nintendo exclusives are fun. And this is coming from an ex-Playstation fanboy that is now a PC fanboy. >__>

Like I said, they should license out their games for playstation, pc, xbox

It's still to big of a hit on the company's reputation and future outlook if they remove their console cycle.

EDIT: Heck thats if Sony and Microsoft will decide to give the game releases on their consoles a OK or not...

They just need to make sure their console is powerful like their consoles used to be, has no stupid gimmicks and just keep their focus on making amazing games.

First of all, they should bring ALL of their games to PC so I can play them at 1440p. Seriously though, I doubt that focusing on handhelds is the best idea for Nintendo atm. The WIIU is actually doing well now, since it doesn't have to compete with the other consoles and has tons of exclusives. Both the 3DS and the WIIU have started out really slowly, but they're gaining popularity and are actually selling really well. Just let them do their thing, they're basically sitting on a huge mountain of cash at the moment. Even if they launched a few generations of stuff that doesn't sell at all, they would still have enough money to go on.

If they do anything it should be backing off on taking youtuber's income if they haven't already.

start to license their games out to be used on pc, playstation, xbox. 

because that has worked out so well in the past...

but you're right. Lets take one of the few studios in the world who both makes quality games and is not stuck in a yearly release cycle screw-gamers-over nightmare. Break apart their model because clearly this whole "making games that gamers like" idea isn't working for them this year. That's a great idea.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing