Project Viridis - Water cooled HAF 912+

jd2195

I have come up with a second loop order that does not go behind the motherboard tray:

hYU8LCu.jpg

The loop order is:

pump/res --> 240/280mm rad --> GPU --> CPU --> 240mm rad --> pump/res

The main worry I have with this is if there is enough room under the psu cover for the tubing to come up directly under the GPU so I can use a straight line to the GPU, I would use soft tubing under the psu cover so it would be more flexible. Another issue maybe the tubing run from the 360mm rad to the top of the res as I would have to do 2 90 degree bends very close to each other which could be quite hard to do. Other than those two things I am quite happy with this order.

My rig: i5 2500k, MSI Z77A G45, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, OCZ ZT series 750W PSU, 1TB HDD, 800D, fully water cooled. I am currently working on modding my HAF 912+ to fit a custom loop, here is the build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165963-project-viridis-water-cooled-haf-912/

Sorry there have not been any updates In a while, the weather has been too good where I live to be sitting inside working on my pc. There will also be no updates from now for about 3 weeks maybe a bit more as I am going travelling so the project is on hold for a while.

My rig: i5 2500k, MSI Z77A G45, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, OCZ ZT series 750W PSU, 1TB HDD, 800D, fully water cooled. I am currently working on modding my HAF 912+ to fit a custom loop, here is the build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165963-project-viridis-water-cooled-haf-912/

• 2 months later...

Well there have not been any updates for about 3 months now. I went away on holiday just after my last post for just over 3 weeks. When I got back I did not really have any money to complete the mods and did not have the motivation to do the boring tasks such as sanding down the edges of the side panel window. During this time my graphics card is starting to give up a little bit and struggling to run a lot of games. This has meant that I am now going to be getting a new graphics card. I have not decided for certain yet what exact graphics card I am going to be getting but it will be a 970. At the moment I am looking at an Asus Strix but I am open to suggestions and I will be water cooling it.

Today i got back on the grind of sanding and filing down the edges of the side panel window to get them nice and smooth; I am nowhere near done but I thought I should show you some in progress pictures to see what you think of the shape:

Tt8C8u7.jpg

I am going need to paint around the edges after I am finished sanding but there is a bigger problem I may have with this:

OWx3VyT.jpg

Around some of the edges where the side panel window is going to be secured there is not much room, especially the top right hand corner in this photo. My original plan was to try and use screws to secure the side panel window in place but I fear that there may not be room in places to do this. There are three ways that I can get around this and that is either by using double sided sticky tape all around and forget about using the screws, or I can use screws apart from in the places where there is not enough room and use tape in those places but then glue down a screw head to keep the look going, and the final one would be to use tape to secure it all the way around and then glue screw heads on just for the look. Which do you think will look best?

• 1 month later...

So this build is still happening it is just taking a long time. However this update is worth seeing.

This was the first time that I had any money on black friday and cyber monday and I ended up spending quite a but of money.

5fV1zUq.jpg?2
As you can see I got a new monitor and GPU. The monitor I got for half price and it cost me £275. I don't need this high quality a monitor as I will not be doing content creation but it only cost me £30 more than the Koren monitor I was going to get so I thought I might as well.
Secondly I got the Gainward GTX 980 Phantom. I was always planning on getting a GTX 970 but then this went on sale for £365 which is about a £100 off so thought it was a pretty good deal.
This means that for the moment my computer is in a bit of a state as I have had to take my GTX 570 out of the watercooling loop so I have 1 360mm rad cooling the CPU and the GPU being air cooled for the moment, hopefully it won't be like this for too long. This is the first time I have ever hard any sort of up to date hardware and I am very excited to see how this GPU overclocks and and how nice games look as previously I was playing 900p I think.