@People who pay for their internet service (or influence those who do)

Sammael

I'd probably call my provider and tell them that I'm moving because of them, fuck them very much and I hope they die in a freak yauchting accident. :lol:

They'll just laugh at my call after hanging up lol...

I lost around $2100 the last time it happened because the packet loss hit me in the middle of the trading day, no warning... I coulda made a hefty amount that day too...

Telling an American ISP you're gonna switch is like telling a wealthy man he's poor. They wouldn't feel insulted, they'd laugh since you have no real option in many cases.

@MyInnerFred You live in Austin, right? Google Fiber coming there should put some pressure on existing ISPs.

Nope I live in Houston, I went on a trip to Austin just a couple of days ago though. I heard some Austin residents were tricked into 5 year contracts just a bit before google fiber started operations there, really must have sucked for those guys.

I wish I could move to a different city where the connection was fast and stable with no cap... =/

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

£16 (part of a internet/tv/phone package tho) for 60 down 3 up/month. My Youtube gets throttled though at peak times.

3562377366.png

$55 for 20Mbps Down/10Mbps UP, 300GB cap.... Really wish fiber was available at a reasonable price.
I could pay less for lower cap, but I do need that 300GB cap, as I easily do 7 to 10GB per day just browsing the web, watching HD videos on youtube and what not. That and we're 4 people/8 devices on it, including a VOIP phone with lossless audio codec.

3562451086.png
(I can get the 10Mbps upload, if I disable QoS in my router)

When I see what people in other countries are paying for... I'm jealous.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro