Is push/pull worth it on high fpi rads?

So the general opinion is that fans in push/pull on low fpi rads is just a waste of money. Is this also the case for high fpi rads?

For example thick high fpi rads or thin high fpi rads like the Black Ice GTS360.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

So the general opinion is that fans in push/pull on low fpi rads is just a waste of money. Is this also the case for high fpi rads?

For example thick high fpi rads or thin high fpi rads like the Black Ice GTS360.

well, high fpi rads would theoretically offer more resistance, and therefore having push/pull would help to overcome that resistance and get higher static pressure going.

I can definitely see a benefit of push/pull in rads like the alphacool monsta, but for thinner rads, not so much

Personally never had custom water cooling, but intuitively that's what I feel

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

It's not just FPI you have to take into consideration. The thickness of the Radiator also makes a huge difference. For example:

a push-pull set up wont benefit you at all if using a 30mm thick radiator, no matter the FPI.

On a 45mm thick radiator with a low FPI, a push-pull set up will really only make a difference if one is willing to run the fans at a high rpm. With a high FPI, push-pull would make a difference even at lower rpm.

With 60mm+ thick radiators, push pull pretty much makes a difference no matter the rpm, or the FPI.

This is all second hand information I've been told while doing research on my own loop.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

It's not just FPI you have to take into consideration. The thickness of the Radiator also makes a huge difference. For example:

a push-pull set up wont benefit you at all if using a 30mm thick radiator, no matter the FPI.

On a 45mm thick radiator with a low FPI, a push-pull set up will really only make a difference if one is willing to run the fans at a high rpm. With a high FPI, push-pull would make a difference even at lower rpm.

With 60mm+ thick radiators, push pull pretty much makes a difference no matter the rpm, or the FPI.

This is all second hand information I've been told while doing research on my own loop.

Just as I thought.  What you're saying makes complete sense. My friend and I were debating this deciding on what rads to use for water cooling his Bitfenix Prodigy. I'm for 2 GTS 240's with NF-F12's or E-loops in push if they fit. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Just as I thought.  What you're saying makes complete sense. My friend and I were debating this deciding on what rads to use for water cooling his Bitfenix Prodigy. I'm for 2 GTS 240's with NF-F12's or E-loops in push if they fit.

yeah, a nice slim radiator I think some noctua NF-F12 fans would do you nicely.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I have tried push / pull on slim high FPI (XSPC EX Series) and thick low FPI (XSPX RX ver 3 Series) Radiators and of course there is improvement.on both...not huge.but generally means I can run the push / pull config with less RPM for maybe a 2c improvement...obviously if I run the push / pull at the same RPM as a single set of fans....there will be far more of an imrpovement, BUT louder......

.......common sense physics.....2 fans is going to create more air flow over the fins...hence better cooling......far to much gets read into this subject ;)

3930K - 4.85Ghz w EK Supremacy | RIVE w Photon 170 D5 Vario / Res Combo | 16GB 1866 Doms | Evga GTX 780Ti SC SLi w EK Full WB's| AX 1.2 kW | 900D - 1 x RX480 1 x EX360 & 1 x EX240 Rads w Noctua NF F & Corsair SP "Push" | W7 HP x64 | MK11: P25,113 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7499603 | Firestrike: 19,576 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1177627

Push pull is worth it on high FPi or Low fpi but very thick radiators.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.