Possibility of a new Canadian water cooling webstore

**Im not trying to rep or advertise anything, currently this is purely hypothetical and were more wondering what kind of customer base something like this may have** my father is in the works to start up a new water cooling web store for western canada. With daz and very loosely ncix being pretty much the only options for canadians that want water cooling we both felt like we were kinda stuck once daz or ncix was out of stock on something we needed or just play didnt stock it in the first place. and with daz being on the other side of canada its makes shipping a little more pricey to. We are both kind of curious as to how many Canadians would be interested in having something on this side of canada as another option.

Something like this would not be possible of course without a customer base hence this poll, We need to convince my step mother that people would even be interested in such a thing before we can even think about getting started on it so i hope my fellow Canadians can help us out!! 

Thoughts opinions and suggestions on such an idea would be fantastic as well as possible companies and brands you would like to see stocked. We are currently compiling a list of brands we personally want stocked and would love to hear others opinions.

Gunna be hard man, you're going to be a cockroach (as O'Leary would say) on the web for a while because you'll still be competing with huge brands, such as NCIX like you said. Although if you got some sort of sponsorship *caugh* c'mon Linus *caugh* I can see it being somewhat feasible.. the hardest part will be getting the word out there.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Gunna be hard man, you're going to be a cockroach (as O'Leary would say) on the web for a while because you'll still be competing with huge brands, such as NCIX like you said. Although if you got some sort of sponsorship *caugh* c'mon Linus *caugh* I can see it being somewhat feasible.. the hardest part will be getting the word out there.

Yeah that's our thought to but we really need more options in Canada, daz runs out so quick and ncix rarely has what we need we thought it might be a good idea to Atleast see what reactions would be like

If you can compete with the existing store on availability are you also going to be able to compete with them on price?

With companies like Massdrop doing lots of business I'm wondering if some customers would rather wait for cheaper stock and have now and pay more.

Yeah that's our thought to but we really need more options in Canada, daz runs out so quick and ncix rarely has what we need we thought it might be a good idea to Atleast see what reactions would be like

Yeah for sure do some market research, if there's a demand like you think then boom you're in business

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

If you can compete with the existing store on availability are you also going to be able to compete with them on price?

With companies like Massdrop doing lots of business I'm wondering if some customers would rather wait for cheaper stock and have now and pay more.

well massdrop is still us based and even then its based around group purchase. I dont really see massdrop as an overly fair comparison however things such as price and supply is what we are looking into. Were in the process of doing a lot of research to see how pheasable it is

well massdrop is still us based and even then its based around group purchase. I dont really see massdrop as an overly fair comparison however things such as price and supply is what we are looking into. Were in the process of doing a lot of research to see how pheasable it is

I wasn't comparing your store to massdrop, I was saying that your main complaint about daz is that they often run out of stuff, and asking you if you started a business would you be able to compete with daz on price.

I only mentioned massdrop because it's an example I plucked from the air of customers being willing to wait in order to pay less (IE them choosing to wait for daz to re stock because they are cheaper than you, even if you have stock readily available)

Long story short, could you compete with daz/NCIX on price from the off?

I wasn't comparing your store to massdrop, I was saying that your main complaint about daz is that they often run out of stuff, and asking you if you started a business would you be able to compete with daz on price.

I only mentioned massdrop because it's an example I plucked from the air of customers being willing to wait in order to pay less (IE them choosing to wait for daz to re stock because they are cheaper than you, even if you have stock readily available)

Long story short, could you compete with daz/NCIX on price from the off?

that's something else we are looking into at the moment. Were really more curious about customer base before we really even try

I was actually thinking along the same same lines earlier today ;) ....The only other thing to consider is when Daz doesnt have what I need...and NCIX is extremely unlikely to have what I need (they carry very little WC'ing gear), I will think nothng at all to order from Frozen CPU...even though its in the States and I'm in Canada...the Duty / Customs isnt a real killer for me at all, especially if you plan what you need and order everything, also almost anything you could think of they have!!

Frozen CPU Shipping is also quite fast via USPS

Now, another one, is I also order direct from EKWB in Europe.....again the customs / Duty isnt all that bad really and believe it or not there Shipping is even faster (Europe to Vancouver Island) via DHL.....and of course a HUGE Stock to choose from.

An example on Shipping...ordered from EKWB direct online on a thursday....delivered to my door via DHL the following Thursday.

I guess with all that being said us Canucks do have other options other than Daz.....just be prepared to pay a little more ;)

3930K - 4.85Ghz w EK Supremacy | RIVE w Photon 170 D5 Vario / Res Combo | 16GB 1866 Doms | Evga GTX 780Ti SC SLi w EK Full WB's| AX 1.2 kW | 900D - 1 x RX480 1 x EX360 & 1 x EX240 Rads w Noctua NF F & Corsair SP "Push" | W7 HP x64 | MK11: P25,113 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7499603 | Firestrike: 19,576 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1177627

If the price is reasonable and selection is good, I would buy parts for an entire custom loop.

I found with this latest Custom Cooling Loop I ordered from 4 different vendors ....NCIX, Daz Mode, EKWB and Frozen....  ;)  Between those 4 I'll get what I need for sure !

3930K - 4.85Ghz w EK Supremacy | RIVE w Photon 170 D5 Vario / Res Combo | 16GB 1866 Doms | Evga GTX 780Ti SC SLi w EK Full WB's| AX 1.2 kW | 900D - 1 x RX480 1 x EX360 & 1 x EX240 Rads w Noctua NF F & Corsair SP "Push" | W7 HP x64 | MK11: P25,113 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7499603 | Firestrike: 19,576 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1177627

I was actually thinking along the same same lines earlier today ;) ....The only other thing to consider is when Daz doesnt have what I need...and NCIX is extremely unlikely to have what I need (they carry very little WC'ing gear), I will think nothng at all to order from Frozen CPU...even though its in the States and I'm in Canada...the Duty / Customs isnt a real killer for me at all, especially if you plan what you need and order everything, also almost anything you could think of they have!!

Frozen CPU Shipping is also quite fast via USPS

Now, another one, is I also order direct from EKWB in Europe.....again the customs / Duty isnt all that bad really and believe it or not there Shipping is even faster (Europe to Vancouver Island) via DHL.....and of course a HUGE Stock to choose from.

An example on Shipping...ordered from EKWB direct online on a thursday....delivered to my door via DHL the following Thursday.

I guess with all that being said us Canucks do have other options other than Daz.....just be prepared to pay a little more ;)

If the price is reasonable and selection is good, I would buy parts for an entire custom loop.

Our thoughts exactly, ncix carries very little and yeah you can order from frozen if you dont mind paying customs and stuff but my dads more or less retired and now and bored so he figured hey why not look into this. So far it looks like there are a lot of people that would be interested in having another option for water cooling gear here in canada, Hes going to start seriously looking into it in the morning and possibly start emailing a few companies to see what he really needs to get started. If all goes well itll be a real thing, just the reply he saw here on the forums was enough for him to seriously consider it

^^^ Another thing to remember...Daz has a "passion" for Water Cooling....it reflects on his Site...