SSHD vs SSD

LittleKid

Hi Everyone

For my upcoming build I was planning on getting a Samsung EVO 840 (not pro) 120 GB drive, But now I was just reading about SSHD's and I've never used either of them so I was wondering if someone could tell me which is a good option as right now I only have 160 GB HHD and a 1 TB HHD both of them are quite full but still ok, I was planning on getting a SSD and keep all my poop on the other drives but now that I saw the SSHD I am a bit confused on which to get because with SSD I was not going to get another HHD so what do you guys think in speed wise obviously the SSD will be better but then I am looking at cost here too, I'm ready to sacrifice a bit of speed for the money and storage I get with the SSD

The other question I had was, I am planning to get  Windows 8.1 Pro, so say for example I get the SSHD and then in the Future I plan on getting a SSD how easy is it to move my OS on the SSD from the SSHD

All responses Welcome :D 

Kind Regards 

Utkarsh Anand

SSD all the way! Most of them come with software to transfer your OS.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

• SSD > 

• Won't be a problem.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

You should get the SSD..

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

SSHDs are a cool concept, however I would never go with one over an ssd also its fairly easy to move an OS to an SSD most come with software to do it

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

I've got an SSHD in my LAN system, it's actually really awesome, Windows 8.1 boots up literally INSTANTLY. Downside is that it is a 5400rpm HDD which is super slow for games that I don't use often.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

SSD all the way! Most of them come with software to transfer your OS.

But to start of with, would you recommend an SSHD? and then in the Future get a SSD?