If you could impose a law on IT tech manufacturing companies.

What would it be? You may choose to use your once-in-a-lifetime power for good or evil.

I choose to use mine for good:

I would make it illegal to produce generic, poor thermal paste. All thermal paste must comply with a minimum performance spec, which would be a bar set by the ten best thermal pastes on the market today, pastes like Noctua NT-H1 and such.

Why? Because tonnes of crappy paste is supplied with otherwise good cooling components, and (smart) people don't even use them. They contain metals and/or toxic chemicals that aren't renewable resources, and are extremely environmentally unfriendly to produce. The second reason is to avoid problems like with Intel's processors, that are being de-lidded by enthusiasts to replace the thermal paste just because it sucks so much out of the box. And Xbox's red ring of death? Could have totally not been an issue ever, if they were forced to use something like Noctua NT-H1 in every component.

It's better for the environment, it's better for the economy, it's better for components and it's better for the users.

BAN CRAPPY THERMAL PASTE!

Also, just for fun, how many syringes of generic paste do you have lying around in drawers? I have like 6-9

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I have two and i cant decide which should be done :)

No More plastic if there is a option that has metal.

if there is say the NZXT phantom 820 there is no excuse there cant be a metal case ie 800d

no bad PSU

pretty much says it all.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Also, just for fun, how many syringes of generic paste do you have lying around in drawers? I have like 6-9

1, I don't do much system building right now, in a few years I should be having at least 10 sticks worth lol.

My law would be that companies have to price their products similar to the same performance competitor.

Example, the GTX 680 should be priced the same as the 7970.

all "proprietary software" must be given in good will toward other manufacturers in order to improve the computing experience as a whole. 

no company can claim given software as their own, and all rights must be given to the creator.

either that law or

developers conference monthly where there are panels of game developers, hardware manufacturers, and publishers that conduct mass interviews 30 minutes in length. any question can be asked to any individual.

No suing over stupid patents. The stupidness of a patent should be voted by a large, random selection of the public and the company making the patent should remain anonymous to eliminate fanboy-ism.

EDIT: If it wasn't too difficult to decide stupidness, no making stupid patents...

Wit is educated insolence.