First Time Water cooling build

Hey guys, I have been looking as upgrading to water cooling for sometime now and can't decide whether I should custom pick parts or go with an AIO build where all I have to do is add piping and install. I was looking at this AIO (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/18964/ex-wat-249/EK_L240_Complete_Dual_120mm_Liquid_Cooling_Kit_EK-KIT_L240.html?tl=g30c83s137#blank)%C2'> but really like the stand alone tube reservoirs. Advice?

I would like for now just to do a cpu block with the ability to add a gpu in the future. 

Thanks alot!

MOG

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

I'd custom pick the parts.

If you need help installing, here's where I learned:

And Here:

What is your budget? If you can afford to pay $500+ for a custom loop then that is obviously the best option. If you are on a budget, then go with an AiO and save up for a custom loop later. Custom watercooling loops are expensive and time consuming, and also require a lot of experience.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

AIO are loud for the most part and most don't allow expansion as custom you can obviously do whatever setup you want and expaned but are much more expensive $500+ for good parts so IMO go custom or use air unless your wanting to cool a 290/X for cheap.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

What is your budget? If you can afford to pay $500+ for a custom loop then that is obviously the best option. If you are on a budget, then go with an AiO and save up for a custom loop later. Custom watercooling loops are expensive and time consuming, and also require a lot of experience.

They actually don't take much experience. You put a res. to a pump. A tube from the pump to the block(CPU or GPU), then a tube from the block to a rad. and then from the rad to the res. I learned in about 4 hours. 

You can also go in pretty much any order, I was just giving an example.

And a single CPU loop would only be about $250-$300.

They actually don't take much experience. You put a res. to a pump. A tube from the pump to the block(CPU or GPU), then a tube from the block to a rad. and then from the rad to the res. I learned in about 4 hours. 

You can also go in pretty much any order, I was just giving an example.

Picking parts, leak testing, fitting selection, tubing length, fitting/tubing size, res positioning and mounting, etc etc etc...

You need some PC experience to make a proper loop that will last a long time...

If you watch SingularityComputers on youtube, his watercooled builds take months to complete. He does do quite a bit of modding too, but thats still a long time.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yeah you need a little PC building experience but it certainly ISNT rocket science...very basc plumbing really  and with the tons and tons of Youtube tutorials out there anyone with half a brain can figure it out :)..... OP..dont let this statement deter you from "diving in"...I had 0 WC experience when I dove into the build in my Sig and put the Loop together in a matter of a few hrs once I had all the Parts.

the dude on Singularity is absolutely Anal and obviously has rampant OCD...he's also building for customers !!

The Youtube Tutorials "Master" posted above are a ccouple I also checked out...along with all of Daz Modes Videos...same thing here..taught myself in a few hrs of reading.WC Forums..googling  n watch youtube videos ;)

Anyhow, honestly, if you're simply WC a CPU..go with an AIO...the real benefit of a Custom Loop is to WC your GPU's imho

3930K - 4.85Ghz w EK Supremacy | RIVE w Photon 170 D5 Vario / Res Combo | 16GB 1866 Doms | Evga GTX 780Ti SC SLi w EK Full WB's| AX 1.2 kW | 900D - 1 x RX480 1 x EX360 & 1 x EX240 Rads w Noctua NF F & Corsair SP "Push" | W7 HP x64 | MK11: P25,113 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7499603 | Firestrike: 19,576 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1177627

Picking parts, leak testing, fitting selection, tubing length, fitting/tubing size, res positioning and mounting, etc etc etc...

You need some PC experience to make a proper loop that will last a long time...

If you watch SingularityComputers on youtube, his watercooled builds take months to complete. He does do quite a bit of modding too, but thats still a long time.

Part picking: Took me about an hour too pick all the parts for a clients build.

Leak testing: You just put paper towel under the places where the tubing connects to blocks/res.

Tubing length: Use a ruler and measure out your planned loop and then add about 5 ft of tubing for headroom.

Res positioning and mounting: Most custom loop water cooling people plan out their loops.

Yes, you do need some experience about PCs, but if you can build one, you can water cool one.