4 cases I may get - poll

FalzarPMU

hi how are ya

Picking a case to get but I'm stumped out of these 4 to get. ;-;

i7 3770 w/ stock cooler - 16 gigs of 1600 mhz ram - AMD Radeon 7770 from Asus - P8H77-M mobo - no name 400w psu - 3000 GB HDD - 128 GB Sandisk SSD all housed in a matte black/red H440

thanks and have fun

Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

What's your budget? What size do you prefer? What color scheme are you planning to go with (or none?)

Jaysus! Post pictures of them, it'll make it easier for everyone, especially if some of us don't know or remember what they look like.

CM Stormtrooper - wished it came in white, nahmean?

1.jpg

Corsair 450D.

26050_corsair%20obsidian%20450d%20review

NZXT H440.

NZXT-H440-1.jpg

NZXT Phantom 530. No, it does not come with all the parts shown in the image. If it did, then we all know who the winner is.

NZXT14__0020.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Don't get NZXT cases. They are made out of cheap plastic, does not feel worth the price you pay.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Jaysus! Post pictures of them, it'll make it easier for everyone, especially if some of us don't know or remember what they look like.

CM Stormtrooper - wished it came in white, nahmean?

It pretty much does come in white.

Cm Storm Stryker.

stryker.jpg

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

It pretty much does come in white.

Cm Storm Stryker.

That is totally asinine. Really? Oh, yeah, let's name the black case "Stormtrooper" and the white case "Stryker". It won't confuse people who when they see "Stormtrooper" they think of Star Wars because of how popular the franchise is. Nope. Nope, not one bit.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Don't get NZXT cases. They are made out of cheap plastic, does not feel worth the price you pay.

h440's build quality is great 

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

Except that the H440 is mostly steel.

Also. Enthoo Pro vote #2.

h440's build quality is great 

Well the 530 definitely isnt. The NZXT cases also have the problem of colour fading over time so that the plastic end up looking different from the metal. IDK if this is an issue still with the H440, only time will tell.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I would go with the h440 personally I love how clean it is. But second would be the stormtrooper

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Well the 530 definitely isnt. The NZXT cases also have the problem of colour fading over time so that the plastic end up looking different from the metal. IDK if this is an issue still with the H440, only time will tell.

well the front and the top panels are painted metel so this shouldent be a problem. the black plastic shouldent fade much you would hope

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

What's your budget? What size do you prefer? What color scheme are you planning to go with (or none?)

1. around 100

2. full tower since I don't have room on my desk, mid works too

3. red/black or black with window

i7 3770 w/ stock cooler - 16 gigs of 1600 mhz ram - AMD Radeon 7770 from Asus - P8H77-M mobo - no name 400w psu - 3000 GB HDD - 128 GB Sandisk SSD all housed in a matte black/red H440

thanks and have fun

i think some of the cases listed are more focused on looking cool and i dont really like the features i personally like something solid in a build with a large window and very robust if i had to choose on it would be the h440 if not it probably be from fractal design or a corsair 750d

So right now I've nailed it down to the storm trooper, h440 and 450d.

thanks and have fun

So right now I've nailed it down to the storm trooper, h440 and 450d.

I love the Storm Trooper. Since you're going with a full tower and a red/black scheme, it's perfect.

The NZXT H440 Red/Black is also perfect too, but in my opinion, it looks kind of plain. Clean, yes, but it needs more curves.

As for price, choose which ever one fits you better. The CM Storm Trooper will cost more, and both would be pretty good.

I was planning to get the CM Storm Trooper with a MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming /w 4670K and MSI GTX 760, which were the red/black color scheme but I ended up with a blue scheme and slightly better CPU and GPU.

Don't get the 450D because Corsair crapped out on it. (Just don't get it, you will regret it.)

Don't get the 450D because Corsair crapped out on it. (Just don't get it, you will regret it.)

What do u mean they "crapped out on it"?

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

the H440 and 450D have the same "support" handling in water cooling.

the H440 edges out a bit with trip front fans, but kills it with minimal venting

to allow for best intake air. thats where the 450D is best. both being mid-size

cases with similar pricing (depending on location) it'll come down to needing

optical support, storage support, and color.

the CM trooper/stryker is a large expensive case and if needing a mobile

3.5" HDD support hold everything case, here it is. if looking for water cooling

support, it basically has the same as the others with some modifications in

store for you.

the decision is mainly yours, as you have to look at it for a couple of years or

till something better comes along.

alright, so then there were 2

cm storm trooper vs h440

for the stormtrooper I haven't seen huge amounts of people dissapointed in it

h440 satisfied a lot of people but there's also some people who have cons for it

thanks and have fun

I'd go with the h440 personally

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

mmm, i'd look at more reviews as there are a couple of points i didn't run into at all.

the 450D does support the H105, but that'd depend on the motherboard mainly.

H100/i doesn't need push/pull

it does support a 360x 30mm radiator if not using the ODD bays.

even TTL mentioned how to mount the H105 in a X79 big 'sink board and have

room.

at 14:00 the roof talk starts.

but the overall sturdiness is not Obsidian of late. filtering from the 750D to the

350D the chassis does seem overly weak as the chassis side panels do not

help load the chassis. because it has aluminum appointments on the front is

now is an Obsidian premium case? no comment.

@FalzarPMU

have you looked/seen the phanteks enthoo pro case, yet?

Enthoo-Pro_main.jpg

dimension: 235mm x 535mm x 550mm (W x H x D)