Continuing Trouble..

Shane Martin
Go to solution Solved by bradscoolio,

Hey, sorry for late reply,

Just went out to get a VGA monitor, can actually now boot into bios and happily overclocking like mad, had a sneaky suspicion that the tv was messing up the system.

Thanks for the help guys! Really means a lot that a noob like me at building systems can come and ask foolish questions :)

Thanks Again :D

Not n00bie at all, it's just that your TV isn't HDCP compatible. Hard to tell if any tv is, I don't think it's listed in any tv's specifications.

Hi guys,

Wondered if I could get a little help. I'm currently got my rig hooked up from my graphics card to my tv via hdmi. I know this could just be down to the tv not supporting bios display, but everytime i try and boot into the bios all i get is a blank screen. I've even got a dvi-hdmi adapter which hasn't done anything. 

Quick Specs:

FX-6200 @ 3.5 Ghz

Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 

Sapphire HD 7850 2GB O.C.

1 TB Seagate HDD.

Generic DVD-RW

Yes, as you can also see i'm having trouble with my processor too, but since i have no bios access i cannot determine whether the cpu is faulty or id i need to change settings.

My question is this, if i got a monitor like the ACER S191HQLMB, and connected it via dvi cable to my system, do you think this would solve the black bios screen problem?

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance,

Shane

Are you sure that you know the hotkey to enter the bios (F2, F8, F12, DEL, etc.). For your board it is DEL.

Yeah, it says press F2 or DEL to enter bios, held it down before i powered system on just in case i'm missing the timing interval you have to press. Just getting annoying though, been 3 weeks with this problem, never had it with my Gigabyte motherboard, but as i said i don't know if its a problem with the gfx card- tv. 

Thanks

Dont hold it down.  Tap it rapidly as soon as you press the power button.  Could you post a video of what you are doing?

Try your graphics card the 2nd PCI-e slot and if you don't get picture then try it in another computer. A DOA graphics card will not set off a bios alarm (make sure you have attached the onboard speaker). 

see if you've correctly seated your ram, try reseating RAM with only 1 modual in a dimm slot you're not using (could be the motherboard itself). 

PS: if you haven't attached the motherboard speaker that'd be a little funny :P because that should tell you exactly what the problem is unless your GPU is dead.

Get back to us with your tales of adventure ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Do you have the TV set on the right input..mine sometimes needs to be reset to HDMI 1 IN..

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

Just went out to get a VGA monitor, can actually now boot into bios and happily overclocking like mad, had a sneaky suspicion that the tv was messing up the system.

Thanks for the help guys! Really means a lot that a noob like me at building systems can come and ask foolish questions :) 

Not n00bie at all, it's just that your TV isn't HDCP compatible. Hard to tell if any tv is, I don't think it's listed in any tv's specifications.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |