Should I get a XSPC Raystorm kit?

So I am thinking about buying a XSPC raystorm 750 ex240 kit and I was wondering if it is reliable or should I just build my own loop for $150 cause that is my budget. So if you think I should build my own kit what parts should I use?

You can't really build a loop for $150, unless its CPU only or GPU only, even then, an AIO for the CPU would be best, or an AIO+G10 or the corsair for a GPU

Diamond 5 in League :)

You can't get much, if anything, for $150 in terms if picking out your own parts. At that budget an AIO or your kit are the best options. I would go with the kit.

Feel free to correct me below if that is not accurate. Seems right after I crossed 500 posts, nothing I've said has been right.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

You can't really build a loop for $150, unless its CPU only or GPU only, even then, an AIO for the CPU would be best, or an AIO+G10 or the corsair for a GPU

I really would like to do a CPU loop only, because I am going to upgrade my graphics card at Christmas time. So what is a good custom kit or a list of parts to use.

You can't get much, if anything, for $150 in terms if picking out your own parts. At that budget an AIO or your kit are the best options. I would go with the kit.

Feel free to correct me below if that is not accurate. Seems right after I crossed 500 posts, nothing I've said has been right.

Yea I am going to go for the kit so thanks for the advice, I hope your right!!!

I really would like to do a CPU loop only, because I am going to upgrade my graphics card at Christmas time. So what is a good custom kit or a list of parts to use.

Go on frozenCPU or aquatining or performance pc and pick out:

Tubing

Radiators

A nice pump (don't cheap out here)

A reservoir

Fittings (2 for each component and the same inner diameter and outer diameter as the tubing.)fans for the radiators.

Coolant

And Gpu and CPU blocks

To give you a perspective my water cooling alone costed over $800, although I went all out on it.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

With only $150 budget, the XSPC kit you mentioned is going to do well, however the performance is going to be the same a cheaper AiO has.

Personally, before watercooling, even the CPU only, I would save a bit more, enough for it to make a difference. Maybe a better kit with a 360 rad, or buying different components for a custom loop.

FrozenCPU has a XSPC kit, with a 360mm rad for $170 http://www.frozencpu.com/products/21236/ex-wat-271/XSPC_Raystorm_750_EX360_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_New_Rev_4_Pump_Included_w_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g59c683s2175

With only $150 budget, the XSPC kit you mentioned is going to do well, however the performance is going to be the same a cheaper AiO has.

Personally, before watercooling, even the CPU only, I would save a bit more, enough for it to make a difference. Maybe a better kit with a 360 rad, or buying different components for a custom loop.

FrozenCPU has a XSPC kit, with a 360mm rad for $170 http://www.frozencpu.com/products/21236/ex-wat-271/XSPC_Raystorm_750_EX360_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_New_Rev_4_Pump_Included_w_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g59c683s2175

A 360 rad wont fit in the Corsair 500r, but what about this kit http://www.alphacool.com/product_info.php/info/p1155_Alphacool-NexXxoS-Cool-Answer-240-LT-ST---Set.html?language=en&XTCsid=1mlovr5e19m73sqmosk3li4h96

That radiator looks a bit more dense (haven't checked specifications), which is good if you get decent static pressure fans. Are you going to get another rad and a GPU block once you get your new graphics card by the end of the year?

That radiator looks a bit more dense (haven't checked specifications), which is good if you get decent static pressure fans. Are you going to get another rad and a GPU block once you get your new graphics card by the end of the year?

I doubt it since I will plan on upgrading the GPU more often then the mobo or cpu and my case has great air cooling already so I won't need a GPU block, I just want to get lower temps on my CPU since my hyper 212 evo isn't getting it done.

I doubt it since I will plan on upgrading the GPU more often then the mobo or cpu and my case has great air cooling already so I won't need a GPU block, I just want to get lower temps on my CPU since my hyper 212 evo isn't getting it done.

I think it's a fun project to get into watercooling with this kits. Don't expect chilling performance, this will only be 1-3°C better than a AiO liquid cooler.

I think the biggest problem with getting that XSPC kit is the pump. I've heard that those pumps have a tendancy to die out after some time, so if you want a kit from XSPC, I would reccomend one of their kits with a DDC or a D5 pump instead. They're much more expensive, but its cheaper than buying multiple cheap pumps, and it save you the hassle of having to interchange parts and the chance of overheating if you pump does die.

I think the biggest problem with getting that XSPC kit is the pump. I've heard that those pumps have a tendancy to die out after some time, so if you want a kit from XSPC, I would reccomend one of their kits with a DDC or a D5 pump instead. They're much more expensive, but its cheaper than buying multiple cheap pumps, and it save you the hassle of having to interchange parts and the chance of overheating if you pump does die.

I changed my mind on kits and I think I'm going to get this alphacool one http://www.alphacool.com/product_info.php/info/p1155_Alphacool-NexXxoS-Cool-Answer-240-LT-ST---Set.html?language=en&XTCsid=1mlovr5e19m73sqmosk3li4h96 is it any good?

Looks fine besides the fans, but if you're not too concerned with is silence it looks fine. I've never heard about that pump so I'm not going to comment on that.

I don't know anything about that pump. The kit seems a little cheap (Low-Cost) in my opinion, so they may have taken the savings from the quality of the pump. 

You might want to try to find some reviews about that kit, or see if you can find search results for dead pumps.