Windows media player alternatives?

Mkfish
Go to solution Solved by neon,

MusicBee is what I suggest has everything you ask for, it's customisable has scrobbling and some good skins, it's better than Foobar2000 IMO, and it works straight out the box.

I'm looking for an alternative music player for Windows 8.1 - I am actually quite a big fan on the Metro style music app that is bundled with 8.1 but it does not support scrobbling. Does anyone know of any similar programs, that support scrobbling. With a nice UI, or at least that has support for decent skins,

I need it to support FLAC, and to be able to edit ID3 tags as well.

Thanks in advance!

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

Foobar2000 is what comes to mind. You can probably find a skin that makes it look just the way you want. 

And with the Factes plug-in you can edit ID3 tags.

Edit: Come to think of it, I think you can edit ID3 tags without Facets. But you should get it any way, since it is awesome for cleaning up your music collection.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I have no idea what scrobbling is but pretty sure everyone is about to say foobar

Scrobbloing tracks the music you listen to. I've been scribbling via last.FM since 2005 So it's quite important to me :)

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

MusicBee is what I suggest has everything you ask for, it's customisable has scrobbling and some good skins, it's better than Foobar2000 IMO, and it works straight out the box.

That is EXACTLY the sort of thing I was looking for. You sir, are a god.