Intel HD 4000 graphics for folding?

Im pretty sure it can, you probably just need to add 1 gpu client in the settings ( If it isnt there already, then again if it was you wouldnt be asking lol)

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Im pretty sure it can, you probably just need to add 1 gpu client in the settings ( If it isnt there already, then again if it was you wouldnt be asking lol)

Im new to folding i have no clue how to do that.

I have tested this on some of mine and the GPU client portion of FAH will not recognize the IGP. Unfortunately... It is made for AMD and NVidia solutions.

Apparently, you can get some OpenCL driver from Intel and install that and it may work, but I have not looked into this or tested. If you have any luck, let us know. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

As mentioned above, no support for Intel GPUs at the time. In theory, the Intel HD Graphics 4000 chip with it's OpenCL support could be used with the new Beta core they're working on (0x17) and perhaps even the ATI cores currently available, but in most cases IGPs are far too slow when it comes down to memory access and complex calculations. Although, they are starting to become rather decent at crunching game-related data. As of right now, if you want to fold on an IGP you'll want to get an AMD APU. Those are whitelisted and receive work units.

Also, remember, hacking GPU.txt does not give you workunits. There has to be workunits available and the blacklist has to be updated on the Stanford end.