Noctua 200mm A series fans

Kowalamaster

Computex 2015.The 200 mm fan was also on display, and it's also still in the development phase. Last year it looked almost finished, but Noctua had to go back to the drawing board with its design because of its weight. If you were to have the fan mounted vertically, it would run without issue, but with the fan mounted horizontally and pulling air up, it would put too much strain on the bearing, reducing its lifetime.

• 1 month later...

Q4 of 2015 is the latest information I received from Noctua after emailing them about it.

Well just bought 4 noctuas NF A15PWM, to replace my TT 200mm shit fans... knowing Noctua, they won't release their 20cm version just to release it. You know it took them years before they had any PWM fan version, because they were working on eliminating the ticking/buzzing that comes with cheap PWM fans.

My biggest gripe with 20CM fans, is the lack of being able to actually move air trough fan filters that are in front of them, like sucking air in, like in my TT V71 case, unless you run them high, then it becomes to damn loud. And by god, nobody makes any 20CM PWM fans either... is it really that much more expensive to make them PWM?

I tried CM 20cm ones, but they resonate a lot of noise to the case frame, you can place your hand on it, and feel the buzzing vibrations.

So far, the Noctua's NF A15 are the best for me, next to nothing when it comes vibrations and noise... and of course the warranty, they cannot be beat.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yep, still waiting on that 200mm fan, Noctua.

Well, since Duke Nukem Forever actually was released I guess the race is now between Half Life 3, Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Noctua 200mm fans as to which will see the light of day first.

lol, damn you necro-ers, I didn't notice stuff in here was a year and a half old until I was halfway through the first page. But yeah, those 200mm Noctua fans are about 2 years out

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W