Some Galaxy Cards!

It seems like single slot cards, especially using liquid cooling, are becoming more popular. I've been seeing them pop up a lot more recently.

So Galaxy is showcasing their single slot 750 ti, which has a nice rugged look to it. And I'm loving the blue PCB, indifferent about the fan, but I've always wanted to do a silver with blue-accents build. HTPC here I come :)

galaxy-gtx-750-ti-razor.jpg

Their beefy 780 Ti HOF V20 is also apparently breaking records?

galaxy-gtx-780-ti-hof-v20.jpg

And finally, their 780 6gb card is as pretty as all the other HOF cards, and I can't wait to see the difference in performance on 4k displays with 3gb vs 6gb. Shouldn't be TOO much, but hey :P

galaxy-gtx-780-hof-6gb.jpg

Source; Here

(Also, has LTT Forums already covered this? Couldn't find it if it was, feel free to remove it if so)

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

i am really not a fan of how galaxy is designing their newer cards

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

My eyes have been violated by the silver and blue abomination at the top of the page.

Hey, single slot, less abomination to look at  B)

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

i am really not a fan of how galaxy is designing their newer cards

May I ask why? I can understand to an extent, they're adding a bit more...flare, nowadays, I suppose. But they have a very "elitist" look to them, which I don't mind. I personally don't like the whole mono-black, black-red, and black-(insert new color here that people criticize) that we've seen become standard over the years. It's one of the reasons Zotac has caught my attention a couple times, and MSI's black-yellow (which I'm not too much of a fan of).

at first glance i thought it was a toy handgun.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

May I ask why? I can understand to an extent, they're adding a bit more...flare, nowadays, I suppose. But they have a very "elitist" look to them, which I don't mind. I personally don't like the whole mono-black, black-red, and black-(insert new color here that people criticize) that we've seen become standard over the years. It's one of the reasons Zotac has caught my attention a couple times, and MSI's black-yellow (which I'm not too much of a fan of).

to me, they just look like they are not high quality. they look more like a toy than a graphics card in my opinion.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

to me, they just look like they are not high quality. they look more like a toy than a graphics card in my opinion.

Gotcha, gotcha. The 750 Ti does look funky, and the heatpipes on the 780 6gb are ridiculous.

The first one looks like something from a really shitty anime xD

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

will never buy a Galaxy after one I had caught on fire

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

will never buy a Galaxy after one I had caught on fire

Did you overvolt at all? That'd be the issue. Also, may I ask what card it was?

I like dat Single Slot doe, other than that, THEY ALL ARE NO BUENO except the single slot ofc

Project Restomod (In progress)

My eyes have been violated by the silver and blue abomination at the top of the page.

Hahahaha!

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Did you overvolt at all? That'd be the issue. Also, may I ask what card it was?

not even OC but was a GTX 780 HOF and a transistor popped on it and then the fire happened but i guess that happened with a few other people to so there was a recall on the card

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

I can't believe Galaxy is claiming that they've made the "first" single-slot 750 Ti. I've seen them before.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I can't believe Galaxy is claiming that they've made the "first" single-slot 750 Ti. I've seen them before.

there are other supposedly single slot 750 Ti's, but they actually take up 1.5 slots, so they can't be used for really small builds and you can't occupy the second slot.

Honestly, find me a truly single slot 750 Ti, there isn't one other than this, if it actually is single slot as it looks to be.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

there are other supposedly single slot 750 Ti's, but they actually take up 1.5 slots, so they can't be used for really small builds and you can't occupy the second slot.

Honestly, find me a truly single slot 750 Ti, there isn't one other than this, if it actually is single slot as it looks to be.

Ah I understand now, it's the cooler that take up 1 slot. Simple misunderstanding lol.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

And finally, their 780 6gb card is as pretty as all the other HOF cards, and I can't wait to see the difference in performance on 4k displays with 3gb vs 6gb. Shouldn't be TOO much, but hey :P

galaxy-gtx-780-hof-6gb.jpg

I want this. I also like the 750 ti but would like it more if it was all black. 

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Actually they are also one of the only manufacturers that do 750s on low profile which is nice for some of the m-ITX cases

gtx750_series_galaxy-41.jpg?d30a12

-------

Current Rig

-------

Actually they are also one of the only manufacturers that do 750s on low profile which is nice for some of the m-ITX cases

Not entirely sure if you were making a different point about it being great that you now have options, or mistakenly thought that they had already released a single slot card.

If you thought this card was a single slot one the cooler takes up a second slot.

750TiSlimBracketviewwithFan(Large).jpg

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

Not entirely sure if you were making a different point about it being great that you now have options, or mistakenly thought that they had already released a single slot card.

If you thought this card was a single slot one the cooler takes up a second slot.

750TiSlimBracketviewwithFan(Large).jpg

No I know it's a 1.5 slot card, I mean specifically the fact that it's available with a short PCI bracket for this type of case:

4cea98ac51534.jpg

-------

Current Rig

-------

No I know it's a 1.5 slot card, I mean specifically the fact that it's available with a short PCI bracket for this type of case:

Yeah that's what I originally thought you meant, hence I said 

Not entirely sure if you were making a different point about it being great that you now have options

Just wanted to make sure.

Linus Sebastian said:

Black is sexy. Black looks clean and elegant, not some half ass transformer plastic looking shit. It's not going to be a popular card for it's cooler i can tell you that.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 750 Ti looks like something you would buy at Toys R' Us.

Oh shit, it does

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.