IBM 22" Monitor with Greater Than 4K Resolution

Glenwing

IBM's T221 is an 22.2" IPS monitor sporting a native resolution of 3840x2400 (WQUXGA) which is essentially a 16:10 version of 4K.  It has a matte finish and consumes 135W of power.  To display full native resolution at its maximum refresh rate (48Hz), it requires a quad-link DVI connection via two dual-link DVI or four single-link DVI cables with adapters.

1982519417_51d209f0_ED81ACEAB8B0EBB380ED

t221-3.jpg

t221_backL.jpg

Why no DisplayPort for 60Hz support?  Well it hasn't been invented yet... Disclaimer, this news is actually from 2001 ;) I'm half trolling but just kinda wanted to express there is no reason we shouldn't have modern 22-27" 4K monitors in mass production by now :D Sorry if I got you excited.  Feel free to report me  :rolleyes: 

P.S. If you want to get one you can still find them on Amazon for ~$1600 :P

troll_face_reasonably_small.jpg

ibm_t221_back.jpg

—Glenwing

That is amazing how manufacturers are trying to push 4k into the market wish more major manufacturers would start to

1600$ for 22" NO.

you can almost get 3 2k monitors at that price

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

No offense to them but that is one of the ugliest monitors I've ever seen. The technology is cool, but the bezel is HUGE.

It's over a decade old so not bad for the time :) The rest of us were still using CRTs hehe, LCDs didn't surpass CRTs in sales until 2007.

Oh I see what you did thar!

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Tank with windows

Character artist in the Games industry.

It looks like it weighs more than me.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

Its huge but does the Job personally I cant get one_

Honestly, 1600$ is not a bad price for a 4K monitor, even if it looks ugly. I mean Sony released it's 30" 4K IPS monitor at about 30k$...

Honestly, 1600$ is not a bad price for a 4K monitor, even if it looks ugly. I mean Sony released it's 30" 4K IPS monitor at about 30k$...

Yeah that's what I would have said 6 months ago... with the $1100 Seiki around though perhaps we'll (finally) have some more modern displays on the market in the next year or two for ~$1000-1500, and then lower in subsequent years and production ramps up, here's to hoping for a monitor among the TVs soon lol.  Although that 16:10 aspect ratio looks pretty tasty to me  :rolleyes: