Setting Up Z-906 for optimum 5.1 performance

<p>So, basically I am a little bit stuck here. I have my Z906 set up on my PC and I assume that I am getting all the 5.1 love but I can't stop to doubt it when it comes to watching 5.1 movies in Neflix windows 8 app. For some reason if I turn on 5.1 audio in Netflix because it is available, all other sounds are coming out of the speakers as normal but the voice of the characters doesn't come. It is very funny because I am sure I set my speakers up right but who knows. Maybe I did something wrong. So, I am making this thread to see is anyone has any knowledge in how to set up a 5.1 channel from scratch. assuming that I never had the speakers plugged in yet. Maybe a step by step settings configuration guide?<br />
<br />
K Thanks!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Video Sample @ <a href="http://youtu.be/TMyt7syyGco">http://youtu.be/TMyt7syyGco</a> Uploading now, will probably finish uploading soon...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can hear in the beginning there is voice but as time goes by, the voice fades away... (Starting from (Shouting))</p>
<p><br />
Edit:</p>
<p>1. Going to upload video sample of problem.<br />
2. Video sample did not capture audio so no sample...</p>
<p>3. Managed to get a video sample with my NX1000 Camera...</p>

4. O the post is broken...

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

In surround, dialogue is comes through center channel (channel directly in front of you) so when you disable 5.1 in Netflix I presume that it will only output what it thinks it can output through the left and right channels cutting out what's in the center channel

That to me sounds like a really out there theory and I indeed stopped believing in it half way through writing it as I realised how stupid it sounded.

Sorry if I couldn't be of help.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

hmm.. do you have on board audio? if so you might have to go into realtek settings and enable dolby digital

also when in surround format sometimes the speech comes out of the center speaker.

are you connecting using the 5.1 analogue connections, SPDIF, coaxial?

do you have a dvd or something that you know has dolby 5.1 to test?

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

In surround, dialogue is comes through center channel (channel directly in front of you) so when you disable 5.1 in Netflix I presume that it will only output what it thinks it can output through the left and right channels cutting out what's in the center channel

That to me sounds like a really out there theory and I indeed stopped believing in it half way through writing it as I realised how stupid it sounded.

Sorry if I couldn't be of help.

haha i was thinking the exact same

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

hmm.. do you have on board audio? if so you might have to go into realtek settings and enable dolby digital

also when in surround format sometimes the speech comes out of the center speaker.

are you connecting using the 5.1 analogue connections, SPDIF, coaxial?

do you have a dvd or something that you know has dolby 5.1 to test?

I am using the on board audio.

Also for the Realtek settings, I have no Idea where the dolby digital button is... It seems like there is no option for that. Maybe I have to download the latest Realtek software? i don't know. Just in case I will attach what I see in my Realtek software...

Realtek.png

As for the connecting my speakers to the computer, I am using the green, black and orange cables that plug into their respective slots... I don't know what they are called...

Also, I don't have a DVD to play Dolby Movies because I never liked DVD's they get piled up and messy...

Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

ooo.... that looks a lot different than my old computer

i think go to default format

click the drop down box

there will be 24 bit @ 48000hz etc

i think the bottom option should be dolby

ooo.... that looks a lot different than my old computer

i think go to default format

click the drop down box

there will be 24 bit @ 48000hz etc

i think the bottom option should be dolby

Hi, thank for the reply. I went to the place you described and failed to find any dolby option. I will attach a picture for looks.

Realtek%20where%20can%20dolby%20be.png

ahh.. well in the older software it has that option

how are you connecting the speakers to the computer?

Here is a picture of how I am connecting it to my Motherboard because I dont know the name of the cables. Green orange black?

20130515_125650.jpg