Help needed for PS3 downloads

yash6153

So recently I bought a game from the PSN Store and I started downloading it, after some time I looked up the same game in ThePirateBay and found a link which was about the same size, upon reading the comments section I noticed some zeus.blahblahblah links there and I saw that these were the same links that the PS3 reaches out to for downloading. I was thinking if I could download the same file on my laptop and transfer them onto my PS3 via  a flash drive as a package file will the game install and work or should I go through the process of proxies which I have already tried. The main purpose I want to do this is because my internet speed is about 10MBPS and I  get download speeds up to 1.2MB/S but my PS3 ain't that fast in downloads and my router is very much near to my console. (My PS3 gets approx. 150KB/S just for clarification)

Thanks

Your PS3 is doing just fine downloading actually, the speedtest speeds are reported in Mega BITS not mega BYTEs, a megabyte is 8 megabits.

10Mbits/8= 1.25Mbytes

Unless you actually are getting 10 MBs, then you probably shoudn't... do what you wrote

i wouldn't get a game from piratebay and put it onto the PS3, it can be very easy to get caught and if you do get caught your ps3 will probably be blocked. 

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

my internet speed is about 10MBPS and I  get download speeds upto 1.2MB/S

Your PS3 is doing just fine downloading actually, the speedtest speeds are reported in Mega BITS not mega BYTEs, a megabyte is 8 megabits.

10Mbits/8= 1.25Mbytes

Either he means he knows this, and the PS3 is downloading slower than 1.2MB/s or he doesn't the wording is pretty confusing.

10Mbits/8= 1.25Mbytes

Unless you actually are getting 10 MBs, then you probably shoudn't... do what you wrote

I know that, but actually my PS3 download speeds are about 150KB/S, which are well not that great compared to my laptop speeds.

I know that, but actually my PS3 download speeds are about 150KB/S, which are well not that great compared to my laptop speeds.

When I used my PS3, I usually just made it download in the background, then go to the turn off menu and make it turn off when it was finished downloading.