Most important certs for IT

Mooshi

Simple question. There are various degrees and certifications out there, which are the most important to obtain in terms of higher probability of a higher paid job?

Really depends on what job your looking for in the IT field. 

As usual CompTIA A+ cert is almost always a must. A networking cert will come in handly more times than not too. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Like stated above, A+ and Networking are the two main certifications that every employer likes to see

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Oh and prior work experience is a HUGE advantage. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

CompTIA A+ and Network+ and depending on the Job, some of the MSCE qualifications are useful too. If you're going down the Networking route, then the CCNA and CCNP are a must have for working with any CISCO equipment. For a higher paid job you'll really want to have a CCIE qualification - it's hard to pass, but worth it.

After that it's really prior work experience that gets you the big salary.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

These practice questions, man.

afc542d39bc0f2ef4537f69899dd189b.png

Wat.

It never specifies if the same cable is being reused and you don't simply replace a port. I guess it's implying onboard video on the motherboard..but adding a cheap video card is more cost effective than changing the board out right in case the onboard video is hosed. Man, I believe my real world thinking makes a lot more sense than some predefined multiple choice answers.

Nailing easy to get It jobs like mine will help. Getting something like summer job IT position is 1) pretty easy to get. (Got my job from just personal computer experience no official experience) and 2) tend to be kinda lax since you don't get too much pressure put on you. It's usually a laid back environment that can teach you a lot as you go on. But experience doesn't just help on a resume it helps with your confidence which is always one of the biggest parts about getting a job. 

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

The networking and the A+ Certifications are good to have, and stated above work experience can help a ton as well. I interned with the head of the IT department at my highschool and I have a job this summer and I have a job during the school days next year as well. Experience will be a huge part. 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

If possible A+ is a good start or Cisco it essentials (almost the same)

CCNA is also nice to have but can be a bit hard to get for most people. But you learn the most from experience and just trying things.