Asus Max. V Formula mPCIe WiFi connection problem

Go to solution Solved by bradscoolio,

If it's something to do with the connection rub the connectors with an eraser when you reseat. It's worked with ram in the past for a previous troubleshoots here.

am i the only one going through this problem??

i am having a problem with the mPCIe WiFi connection. the pc shows that there is an excellent signal strength and also shows that i am on the network but every time i try accessing the internet or another computer  on the network its a bit of a problem. i checked the router and everything if fine with it, i checked internet connectivity on my other pc & laptop and everything is good with those two as well except for the new computer!! any tips to help out??

note: yes, i did go on to the ROG forum as well and posted the same query! ^_^

Are you using the windows stock drivers for it or have you downloaded the latest drivers from your motherboards website?

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I had this very issue, in the end i had a loose connection between the mPCIe board and the Mobo. I re-seated it and it fixed it, although i did also upgrade my antenna's although this didn't fix the issue, it makes the reception much better. 

CM Cosmos 2 - I5 3570k @ 4.4ghz - Corsair H100 - ASUS Maximus V Formula - 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram - 128GB Intel SSD - 500gb Western Digital HDD - Saphire Radeon HD 6950 2gb (Flashed with HD6970 bios  + Arctic cooling acellero cooler) -  

i have all the drivers for the motherboard... all up to date too!! 

I had this very issue, in the end i had a loose connection between the mPCIe board and the Mobo. I re-seated it and it fixed it, although i did also upgrade my antenna's although this didn't fix the issue, it makes the reception much better. 

i moved the PC to the where the router is placed and it it started acting normal. connecting to the internet and everything, now that i moved it back to my room, its back to square 1.. 

i moved the PC to the where the router is placed and it it started acting normal. connecting to the internet and everything, now that i moved it back to my room, its back to square 1.. 

Yea, I had the same thing, Try taking the mPCIe board out of the motherboard, and putting it back in. Mine worked fine for around 6 months, then i had this issue. I then reseated the mPCIe board and it started working normal again. 

Also I upgraded to two of these, 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-ANT2405C-2-4GHz-Omni-Directional-Antenna/dp/B000N40U9O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368536899&sr=8-2&keywords=tp+link+antenna

but im not sure of the availability over there. 

Hope you get it sorted. 

CM Cosmos 2 - I5 3570k @ 4.4ghz - Corsair H100 - ASUS Maximus V Formula - 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram - 128GB Intel SSD - 500gb Western Digital HDD - Saphire Radeon HD 6950 2gb (Flashed with HD6970 bios  + Arctic cooling acellero cooler) -  

If it's something to do with the connection rub the connectors with an eraser when you reseat. It's worked with ram in the past for a previous troubleshoots here.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Yea, I had the same thing, Try taking the mPCIe board out of the motherboard, and putting it back in. Mine worked fine for around 6 months, then i had this issue. I then reseated the mPCIe board and it started working normal again. 

Also I upgraded to two of these, 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-ANT2405C-2-4GHz-Omni-Directional-Antenna/dp/B000N40U9O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368536899&sr=8-2&keywords=tp+link+antenna

but im not sure of the availability over there. 

Hope you get it sorted. 

the though of going through removing almost everything just to get to that WiFi adapter give me headaches. i did contemplate doing that at first but now i guess i might as well do that. i really hope it is worth it. as for the antennas, i think i might have to go out and look for them at the local computer shops.. i am sure they have something like this! 

i will try this as well..